>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Edit Function?

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Edit Function?

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:37 am

I would like to request the ability to edit our personal posts after they have been posted to the forum. I thought we had that ability but I just read an old post of mine and noticed some spelling errors and realized that there is no "EDIT" function available. Your consideration is appreciated.

Best, Tig

PS: I don't want to hear any wisecracks about learning how to spell in the first place either!!! I'm thankful we don't have an auto correct here or we'd really be having fun with this, lol!! :oops:
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Re: Edit Function?

Postby lotsip81 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:24 pm

If I remember what the administration said correctly, users only have a limited time to edit their post. I think it was around 90 minutes from the time of the initial posting. This being so as people don't change/delete their postings and mess with the flow of the conversation.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:37 am

I noticed a time limit on it myself after asking the question. I don't see a real purpose for the time limit however. I've never seen a problem develop as a result of the delayed opportunity to correct improper grammar (or other issues) in any other blog or forum I've been associated with. I appreciate knowing why though.

Today hasn't been my day for information!! Thanks for your help!

Best, Tig

E
Last edited by tigwelder56 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby lotsip81 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:56 am

I am only speculating here......but I am to assume that the main point for the edit was to allow for spellings errors to be corrected or to add an afterthought. I believe the time limit was put in place mainly so if someone were to leave inflammatory remarks....they couldn't just edit them out and say it never happened.

I suggested two things. One was that members not be able to delete their posts and if they were to edited their posts, there should be a visual and public time/date stamp auto added to the bottom of the post upon submitting the edit, making it obvious to everyone when the post had been changed.

Mind you, I am only going off of my opinion as to why this system was implemented this way.........I could be wrong
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Oddly enough, the Edit function is currently available on many of my old posts today! That wasn't available yesterday! But only on a small percentage. Maybe the Edit God felt sorry for me, lol!

tigwelder56

Postby abaddon1234 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:16 am

Thanks for the info
goldenslot
abaddon1234

Return to Website Help