>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

ppk/s trigger kits

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

ppk/s trigger kits

Postby antm71 » Sun May 27, 2007 11:07 pm

I recently noticed a trigger kit made by patriot that claimed to reduce the trigger pull on the walther ppk/s . it claimed to reduce the pull on the double action while keeping it smother than orginal . It states to reduce it by 37% which equates to 12 pounds. It states it is easy to do . I would love to buy it but was skeptical it was selling on ebay for 12.00 . Has anyone heard or used this .
antm71

Postby sportsterpaul » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:26 am

antm71: I am also interested in upgrading my PPKS, what did you end up doing with yours?
sportsterpaul

Re: ppk/s trigger kits

Postby sportsterpaul » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:27 am

F.W.I.W. i've changed out my slide spring and hammer spring for "Wolf's" 17 lb, each. Gun functions really well, much easier to rack the slide albeit a little more felt recoil. Disappointed in the hammer spring as it dropped the D.A. from 7 3/4lb's down to 7 1/4lbs. Not much felt relief in D.A. and my trigger scale only goes up to 8lbs. The fish scale has D.A. at about 15-16 lbs. which I find as unacceptable. And while not a target pistol the sights on this are unusable for my old eyes. I've added a "stick-on" shotgun fiber optic to the barrel which gives me much quicker and better target aquisition. At deer camp three of us tried it out on a beer can at 7-8 yards and all three, novice, rookie, and an ameteur, all hit the can or within an inch of it with two mags. each.
sportsterpaul

Re: ppk/s trigger kits

Postby GOANRA » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:50 pm

I put Apex trigger springs in my S&W 340 .357Mag revolver. It has a Scandium alloy frame & a Titanium cylinder. I weighs 11.0 ounces, but had a 15lb trigger (that made it quite useless).
An $850. revolver that can't hit a house is merely a liability.

Did some polishing with VERY FINE stones & got the trigger down to around 7 lbs, but shooting a .357mag with even a light bullet was terrible brutal out of an 11 oz sidearm.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Return to Pistols