>
Board Index Gear and Ammo Accessories

LIGHTS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT

Discuss holsters, grips, magazines, sights, scopes, night-vision, gun safes, and other gun gear.

Postby watchmaker » Tue May 10, 2011 1:11 pm

Thank you for your appreciation of my efforts.

There is not wiring at all. The flashlight uses a Li Ion rechargeable battery with a 5 level LED lamp which have 350 lumens for 2 hours and 20 m run time or 175 lumens for 4 hours and 20 minutes and 50 lumens for 24 hours. so you just let the light shine the whole night long.

The Driveway Patrol have been around for years, the receiver (alarm) uses 3 C batteries, the sensor uses a 9 volt battery, (no wires) your receiver will get the signal from the sensor as much as 400 feet away (that is what it say in the advertisement)

Hope this help

Watchmaker

P/S my 350 lumens light with the 1 level or the 5 level are the longest beam throw in the market in this size head. customers shoot pigs at 150 yards with my light
watchmaker

Re: LIGHTS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT

Postby lukas » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:51 am

It seems really hard to choose the right tactical gear for me. Recently I have tried to choose a tactical flashlight. Many companies produce various LED tactical flashlight and sometimes we think what light is better or even the best. A month ago I purchased Armytek Predator 670 lumens and happy that this light met all my needs. The price is not high, about $110. It's good for this well made and multifunctional light. Variety of modes attracts me because I can choose any mode I need.
P.S. Free worldwide shipping ;)
lukas

Postby GOANRA » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Big WELCOME to the forum lucas !!

I never heard of that brand of flashlight, but 870 lumens is awesome!! I love lights. Got 'em on my carbines, SG and keychain.

I really do need one for my vehicle, though. Where did you get yours? Is it really 870 lumens?
I'd gladly pay $110. if its that bright + reliable and sturdy.
What kind of batteries? Got a link?
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby lukas » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:50 am

GOANRA wrote:Big WELCOME to the forum lucas !!

I never heard of that brand of flashlight, but 870 lumens is awesome!! I love lights. Got 'em on my carbines, SG and keychain.

I really do need one for my vehicle, though. Where did you get yours? Is it really 870 lumens?
I'd gladly pay $110. if its that bright + reliable and sturdy.
What kind of batteries? Got a link?

Hi GOANRA!

I have never heard about this company too before my friend told me about this light. And then I decided to purchase it. I wrote above that it is 670 lumens not 870. I bought it here http://www.armytek.com
I use 1x18650 Panasonic 3100 mAh battery (I ordered it with my light) and it can also use 2xcr123 batteries.
lukas

Postby GOANRA » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Yeah, My mistake, there! 670 lumens would be all I need... any more and I may set something on fire.
That is a LOT of light. I got a 'true' 120 lumen unbreakable flashlight and it is blinding-bright. Got it atthe home Depot for about $40. with a switch for red light, in case of night vision.
Gotta love the CR123 batteries, I get them on 12 and 36 pack cards at Amazon.com or even from Ebay for a few cents each.

I got a cree light with remote switch for my SG and it has been GREAT!! Got a charger + 2 extra batteries for a few dollars and its always ready to go. I was surprized at the quality!
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
GOANRA

Postby lukas » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:38 am

GOANRA wrote:Yeah, My mistake, there! 670 lumens would be all I need... any more and I may set something on fire.
That is a LOT of light. I got a 'true' 120 lumen unbreakable flashlight and it is blinding-bright. Got it atthe home Depot for about $40. with a switch for red light, in case of night vision.
Gotta love the CR123 batteries, I get them on 12 and 36 pack cards at Amazon.com or even from Ebay for a few cents each.

I got a cree light with remote switch for my SG and it has been GREAT!! Got a charger + 2 extra batteries for a few dollars and its always ready to go. I was surprized at the quality!

What is your light in using? modes, programming. It sounds good and I'd want to know your impressions :)

P.S. I visited armytek site and saw that they have new models and discount for them. Prices are really attractive but I have yet one light, I'm confused :?
lukas

Postby GOANRA » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:31 pm

Mine all have rubber-back switch, but also come with a remote cord. I like an honest 200 lumen with flood style + a 'strobe mode', which is completely blinding, but I see very well. Have that one on my .45acp (10+1) on nightstand.

Got a 120 lumen with red laser combo on my semi SG. 3 modes, but no strobe.

Put a 400 lumen on my AR with remote switch, but learned I prefer the plain rubber switch,
I couldn't afford the mounts if it weren't for Amazon.com.... good stuff.

Also, got a 2000 yard (green) laser, I don't sight it that far, but it is mega sturdy & I do like the remote pressure switch on that one, and 3 modes.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
GOANRA

Previous

Return to Accessories