>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

If live alone, what's quick place for gun?

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby judgeparker » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:08 pm

I live in the woods 1 mile off the county road . 2 dogs one is a black Chow and the other is a pit bull. Got back from a local gun show this afternoon and was happy to see my wife who was keeping our grandson had her SR9 C holstered on her hip. One can never be to safe or protected. Normally when I am home she does not carry because she knows that I will be. I am so proud of her. So to sum it up it is my humble opinion that the best place to keep a pistol is on you.
judgeparker

Postby JustBen » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:08 pm

I feel that making an "assumption" of paranoia and connecting it to poor gun handling and decision making skills is unfounded.
JustBen

Postby ulgydog56 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:31 pm

hey its your....house do what you want,just don,t screw the pooch.....
ulgydog56

Postby eisen » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:21 am

this happened within the last 12mos , to the 4 of us,{ all ccw trained } at home 10 oclock at nite . a young man came in a window into a bed room, my daughter sensed something amiss and went down the hall, wife in tow, open the door to find this guy on the floor behind the bed . the ladies ordered him into kitchen ,{where i was }, while screeming for me, thankfully he did not try to fight them, or me, we called 911 right away, while this guys, "'so sorry" story developed. the sheriff took him away ,,,,stuff happends ,,,," be prepared",is my old boy scout motto ,,,,arm your ladies guys,,,, there is more to the story, but they were prepaired, he never realized , how prepaired. this all unfolds in a few seconds u need equipment close at hand , ccw training stresses awareness and evaluation , it helped us in this event
eisen

Postby GOANRA » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:26 pm

NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby eisen » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:29 pm

great post goanra .invasion of any sort sends the blood pressure up and turns on the panic mode, instruction in proper response is very necessary ,i work in a chemical plant, there are proceedures for everything, i have hasmat level A training ,and have been in that suit many times, it is going into Harms Way on purpose , but for a purpose. our culture has changed some, from a loving caring people .we have to choose how to manage those people who choose to violate us . i don't like violence , i do know how to stop it,,,,, training/ learning from other people experience can help,,,,our ladies need their men to give them the tools/equipment that ladies can handle when they are on their own or home alone, they need our loving support .
eisen

Postby Will_Carry » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Goanra,

That is a great post. There have been two incidents within the last week in my home town

1) 4 MASKED MEN, burst through the door like a swat team and forces a man , his wife and their two children into the living room, while they sacked the house. They were all armed with handguns. That kind of attack is next to impossible to stop. Even if you were carrying a pistol, you would be outnumbered 4 to 1.

2) A woman and a man stopped a man as he got out of his car coming home. They looked like they needed help but put a gun in his face. Two other men then came out from behind the house. They forced the man in to his house where they pistol whipped him and robbed him and his wife.

I often carry while at home and keep a pistol withing easy reach when I'm not carrying. I also have three dogs, one of them will attack, I ain't saying which one.....

I have to ask myself, is it worth dying for? Is it worth leaving my wife a widow and my kids fatherless? I say.

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. "
Will_Carry

Postby snke_doctr » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:03 pm

goanra; Great post! Reminds my of the time when 2 guys came to our door selling their yard-work services, 1st guy stuck out his hand for a hand shake (to pull me out of the house?). I resisted then.

At this election time around here (county council, etc) politicians, volunteers (are the really?), are @ our doors w/ their hands out too. I resist now as well.
snke_doctr

Re: If live alone, what's quick place for gun?

Postby GOANRA » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:08 pm

It seems I made a 'Great Post'.... but it is now blank ?? I sure am curious what it was about?

More than 3 years since posting it, I'll never remember, now.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Previous

Return to Gun Chatter