>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Who should be a Moderator?

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Re: Who should be a Moderator?

Postby lotsip81 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Don't forget at the bottom of the main forums page, there is a link to the personnel that are the "Administration". If you two want to talk to them directly don't forget it is there.

I also have access to the kind of private chatting area the Tig had mentioned before, so if you want me to post things in there for them to see I can do that as well. Hopefully with the three of us nudging them, maybe we can get something accomplished!
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:08 pm

That's odd! I had typed up a lengthy post yesterday and when I submitted it, "POOF" it was gone. I too have a the spine injury from hell and that's why I'm always parked in front of this aggravating little box with a TV on top of it. I do believe that the opportunity to milk two old broken 2nd Amendment Warriors is an offer management should consider. The time is upon all of us to do what we can to protect our gun rights... ;)
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby GOANRA » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Hey! I'm on the site.
Everytime I logon I expect to get a '404 Error' or a 'Logon/Password not recognized'.

Today I see 0 registered users and 0 guests are using this Forum... (it doesn't count me?)

Everyday we don't do anything, the more difficult it will be to retrieve or recruit members, there is a LOT of competition out there.

Maybe the .gov bought this site.
Who else would keep it going for no reason? and ignore its members?
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:41 pm

I'm not sure of the purpose of pursuing things much longer. Until yesterday I was seeing myself listed as being active on the site, today that is no longer posted. Lotsip, if you want to forward our recent discussion (posts), please feel free to do so on my behalf. I believe any administrator should be in touch with the membership. While I believe monitoring every post made to the site is unnecessary, the effort to monitor a section like "Website Help" should always be made. I believe that was responsible for the failures of the past. The administration and the moderators absolutely MUST maintain a line of communication with each other daily if necessary , but they must ALWAYS maintain an open line of communication with the membership anytime a question or suggestion is presented.

There should be a group of like minded individuals (moderators and/or admin) that have a secure place to talk and present ideas with each other and as I said before, they have to be able to contact the administration whenever required. Evidently there is still a thread for that purpose but it was established for the group of moderators at the time. The administrator (AF) set it up himself and was active for a short amount of time. That line of communication didn't last very long unfortunately but was a nice, useful tool while it worked the way it was supposed to.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Steve » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:18 am

This administration is actively on this site. in fact I am here daily verifying new members manually so we don't get spam attacked. I am open to adding more moderators, but what this site really needs is more discussions. If adding more mods mean those mods will start new discussions I am all for it.
Steve

Postby GOANRA » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:53 pm

As I stated 3 days ago, "I'd be happy to give a few hours a day towars helping to revive this site."

If we can respond to the old posts dated 2006, 2007, etc, we can make this site look 'UP-TO-DATE', in a hurry. Seeing a bunch of old 2007 posts makes the sith look abandoned.

I would consider this a priority as it would keep 'guests' from just moving-on when seeing the long out-dated posts.
No reason we couln't salvage ALL the posts in this manner. The downside is all the posts would seem to be made by 3 members or so...... making the site look like a 'Private Membership'... at least for awhile.

Any ideas, guys?
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
GOANRA

Postby GOANRA » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:51 pm

I spent some time yesterday responding to MANY 'long outdated' posts, in order to get rid of the dusty old 2006, 2007, etc, posts and make the site a little more "Up-To-Date".

Seems to have worked as the site got some posts, that I responded to yesterday and today.
Maybe we can get some decent traffic going on this site, yet.

It looks kind of 'GOOFY" with most all the topics last replied to by "GOANRA" (looks like I'm a one-man-show)... not great, but its better than those OLD 2007 replies all over, IMHO.

Hey Lotsi & Tig, how about you guys putting a bunch of replies in there so I don't look like a site-hog?
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
GOANRA

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:10 am

GOANRA wrote:I spent some time yesterday responding to MANY 'long outdated' posts, in order to get rid of the dusty old 2006, 2007, etc, posts and make the site a little more "Up-To-Date".

Seems to have worked as the site got some posts, that I responded to yesterday and today.
Maybe we can get some decent traffic going on this site, yet.

It looks kind of 'GOOFY" with most all the topics last replied to by "GOANRA" (looks like I'm a one-man-show)... not great, but its better than those OLD 2007 replies all over, IMHO.

Hey Lotsi & Tig, how about you guys putting a bunch of replies in there so I don't look like a site-hog?

I'll start working on that and see what kind of progress we can make on it. I've been contacting some of the old players and haven't heard from them yet. I'm sure there are alot of address changes but every contact will be an important one!! :!:

tigwelder56

Postby g4l » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:53 am

Hello old Friends! I wish I had the time to lend a hand again, but a six day work week leaves little free time to add another hobby. With the darn ammo shortages and skyrocketing prices it looks as regular range time will be affected for quite some time also; not only talking guns, but shooting guns shall suffer for some time...:(
g4l

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:24 pm

g4l wrote:Hello old Friends! I wish I had the time to lend a hand again, but a six day work week leaves little free time to add another hobby. With the darn ammo shortages and skyrocketing prices it looks as regular range time will be affected for quite some time also; not only talking guns, but shooting guns shall suffer for some time...:(

Okay now Glocks, that's an explanation but not a good enough reason to write us off! You were one of the best, most involved members and moderators we had here and there has to be 20 minutes on day 7 of your week that you could grace the forum and share some love with your Brothers in Arms!! Come on now, I see those wheels turning!! Maybe you could select a couple two or three ammo websites and keep us up to date on their inventory of .45, 9mm and 22LR ammunition. That way we would have some up to date ammo information and we wouldn't lose touch with you again (for quite so long anyway)! Please consider it, I'd love to get the old gang back together again.

Aside from that, do you have any contact info with any of the old timers? If you do and can
drop them a note and ask them to check in? I'd sure appreciate it! Thanks Brother!!

Tig

tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Website Help