>
Board Index Serious Shooters Concealed Carry

What is a good concealed carry?

For those legally permitted to carry a weapon or wanting to obtain their concealed pistol license.

Postby eddbrowne » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:43 pm

You might not want the correct info on the pic.

The gun (and key) went in from the lower end.

This method is common for drugs, gang notes,

and various contraband; passed in visitor rooms

from someone willing to risk a felony conviction.

Guns should be in "safe" mode, pointing "downrange".

Try this only if you are a federal agent riding with bikers.

And if stopped by leo, you must declare the weapon,

if not also produce the weapon.

Now that key .... ?
eddbrowne

Postby Doriadiver » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:01 am

Might be the key to his/her heart, though it appears a bit lower ... anatomically speaking. Alas, the mind is a terrible thing.
Doriadiver

Postby GOANRA » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:47 pm

I was at a Max Security Pen when I lived up north & was on duty. I entered through the infirmary and they had a prisoner lying ther, chained to a gurney.

I asked.

Nurse said he got a full size orange stuck up there while doing typical convict "stretching" exercizes.

Some folks really need to be locked up.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby Doriadiver » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:56 pm

Sorry, locking em up is a complete waste of my taxes! I'm a jaded old man that has seen way too much shit in this world.
Doriadiver

Postby electricman4759 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:48 pm

I have two CCW'S, my Kimber .45 Ultra Carry for work and out with the boys, then my P238 Sig Sauer .380.

The reason I carry the Kimber is because alot of the time I work by myself and there is no back up so I need the most at one time.

Then on the weekend when I am with my wife and daughter I will carry the Sig P238, because my wife would have her .38 Ruger as back up. So there will be two fire arms so I can step down a little. Plus I want to look nice on the weekend and the Sig goes better with slaks and golf shirts.
electricman4759

Postby crzyjarmans » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:38 pm

although people have diffrent taste in weapons,I'll suggest you go to a gun store and feel around to see what fits you best,personally,I love my springfield 1911 ultra compact
crzyjarmans

Postby wallyiv » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:57 pm

My wife loves her ruger gp100 like no other, but she wants a carry weapon. I have the little brother sp101, but she doesn't like the trigger pull because its dao. She likes how the new ruger lc9 "looks". Any suggestions for ccw?
wallyiv

Postby judgeparker » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:55 pm

My wife really loves her Ruger SR9c. Shoots good very reliable and accurate.
judgeparker

Postby MightyFoFaad » Tue May 17, 2011 1:40 am

If you're strong enough to hold on to it, & don't mind not having an external hammer, I would recommend the Taurus PT145. It's only 6" long, light, very well made & reasonably priced. Some folks have an issue with the recoil of a .45 apc, however, I always tell my students, recoil is something you feel at the shooting range. It won't be an issue with someone closing in on your head with a baseball bat.
MightyFoFaad

Re: What is a good concealed carry?

Postby GOANRA » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:11 pm

The Taurus Millenium Pro PT145 (.45acp) is on of my favorite carries. 10+1 capacity, 21 oz very concealable and a bargain at $370. I've run a few hundred +Ps through mine with no issues.
I know 2 Pros that carry this sidearm.
It is always in my console, even when I'm carrying my Colt Defender or something else.

Be sure to field-strip it & clean the grease out, then clean it again, put 200 rounds of decent ammo through it, before you call it good... just like any sidearm.
If its not flawless after 200 rounds, fix it or ditch it, whatever the Manufacturer.

Some like the Taurus P-11 (10+1) in 9mm, if you don't mind a long trigger pull. Easy conceal.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Previous

Return to Concealed Carry