>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Web Site broken

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Web Site broken

Postby aeronaut » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:36 pm

www.gundirectory.com site is missing some of the links on your home page. The left side of Manufacturers and search bar are missing.
aeronaut

Re: Web Site broken

Postby lotsip81 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:04 am

aeronaut wrote:http://www.gundirectory.com site is missing some of the links on your home page. The left side of Manufacturers and search bar are missing.

I have ensured that the administration has been notified so they can try to rectify this situation. Hopefully we will see some results soon.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby jpumford » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:44 am

I'm not quite sure which links you're talking about... Do you have links you can post so I can fix the problem?
jpumford

Postby lotsip81 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:31 am

Previously, when you selected the "Pistol, Revolver, Shotguns, or Rifles" links at the top of the page; it would have a list of caliber, weapon type, and manufacturer for each respective category on the left side of the page in addition to what you currently see.

It made for easy browsing for people who were looking for new types of weapons. Also it was convenient if you had forgotten a particular model, but you remembered the manufacturer. If possible, I think it would be a good idea to bring it back.

Hopefully this link will work and you can see exactly what we are talking about. If it does not let me know and I will see if I can upload a picture.

http://e-gun.net/body.asp?gun=Pistol&pp=1&sort=-3&pop=1
lotsip81

Postby lotsip81 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:55 am

One other thing, is there a way to link our members old PM in/out box to the current site? I know that I do not have any of my emails that were in my PM box prior to this site undergoing construction.
lotsip81

Postby aeronaut » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:13 pm

lotsip81 wrote:Previously, when you selected the "Pistol, Revolver, Shotguns, or Rifles" links at the top of the page; it would have a list of caliber, weapon type, and manufacturer for each respective category on the left side of the page in addition to what you currently see.

It made for easy browsing for people who were looking for new types of weapons. Also it was convenient if you had forgotten a particular model, but you remembered the manufacturer. If possible, I think it would be a good idea to bring it back.

Hopefully this link will work and you can see exactly what we are talking about. If it does not let me know and I will see if I can upload a picture.

http://e-gun.net/body.asp?gun=Pistol&pp=1&sort=-3&pop=1

Yes That's what I was talking about the caliber, weapon type and manufacturer links were missing from the left side.
aeronaut

Postby jpumford » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Ah, the sidebar. Unfortunately since the entire site has been rewritten the sidebar has not been implemented yet.

As for the private messages, the old system was a custom forum manager incompatible with the new one. I was able to migrate the forum posts and views but the private messages were a different story.
jpumford

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:16 pm

I'm very thankful for the removal of the private message total. We spoke about that before and I want to thank you again for correcting that irritating number!! I want to thank you and the rest of the new administration for the thumbs up job you have all done to date to resurrect and improve the old GD. I'm working hard to contact as many old members as possible to notify them that we're back on track!! Thanks again ;) ;) :D

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Return to Website Help