>
Board Index Serious Shooters Military & Police

Why is a police officers life worth more than mine

Discuss assualt and tactical techniques, law enforcement, militia, and other combat and security topics.

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:27 am

Yup. I'll come up with another goofie question or statement sometime to get things "stured up" lol I have a LOT of time on my hands.

GOD BLESS EVERYONE IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE!!!
NCCCCWteacher

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:40 am

Trust me, things have been stirred up enough today! We all need a break. I agree though, there's nothing better than our Emergency Service providers. They're the finest this planet has to offer!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby porkchop » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:37 pm

well being in law enforcement here in NYC is got to be total kaos.sometiems as i sit in my RMP and think about how other dept.'s in other citys are, it reminds me that we all who wear a badge,a gun,and 10-20 lbs of tac gear must be crazy ro protect millions of lives. I wouldnt have it any other way!!!!
porkchop

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:51 pm

You've got my respect Porkchop! You're doing it free of charge too! How many hours a week do they require from the Auxilary Officers?

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:58 am

But still, Nobody's Life is worth more than anothers!

(Except maybe The Beatles!)

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:07 pm

I don't understand your comment Bill. How does it apply to what was just said?

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:28 pm

It only applied to the General Topic at Hand, not yours.

Just trying to stay On Topic! LOL

tigwelder56

Postby smith6906 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:27 am

in my mind anyones life is worth as much as a LEO........i would draw my weapon to defend a civilian just as fast as i would an LEO. I dont know why the government thinks public servants lives are special or unique from the rest of us......were all people, and people are what count, i would even defend a criminal if he were to be attacked by a more ruthless one, a human life is worth more than most people know, i guess states and municipalites just think that LEO's are more important cause the municipality would suffer from the loss of a LEO more than of a civilian..........but i dont think thats a fair way of thinking.
smith6906

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:12 am

You're walking on a slippery slope when you rate a criminal's life as important as a law enforcement officer's. It's my opinion that a criminal isn't qualified or worthy enough to rinse out the bedside pan of a law enforcement officer, unless taught how to do it properly, with permission and with all due respect for the Officer. God knows they've been responsible for placing them in a position where that is necessary due to their evil ways.

I spent many years of my life in emergency medicine, nursing and military security. I witnessed the pain and useless loss of life and limb thrown upon our "Public Servants" simply for doing their job. I have to wonder why you compare the worth of a civilian and a LEO's life to the filling of a job position! Tell me that ain't true Smithy?

tigwelder56

Postby smith6906 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:18 am

well im not specificaly saying criminals. i've run into alot of LEO's that are criminals themselves. im saying in my mind, my life.......your life.......the mailmans life. is just as important as that of an LEO. only diffrence of them being shot and killed, and us being shot and killed. is the type of funeral service we each get. if im shot and killed on duty * i do private security*. people will forget about it in a day or two, if a LEO is shot and killed on duty........flags are lowered to half staff, and people never forget. only difference between him and i is classification of badge and jurisdiction. we do the same job. i deal with criminals every day, domestic violence, drunk drivers, searches, i get shot at like he does..........but people seem to believe his life is more important. i think that is wrong. A human life is a human life........dont get me wrong i dont think a LEO isnt worth more than a criminal, that he certainly is. but most LEO's will say that a civilians life is worth more to him than his is...........hes there to keep us alive and safe. i believe LEO's and normal citizens........are worth the same. without them we would be in trouble.......and without us they wouldnt have a job. boils down to equality.
smith6906

PreviousNext

Return to Military & Police