>
Board Index Serious Shooters Military & Police

Why is a police officers life worth more than mine

Discuss assualt and tactical techniques, law enforcement, militia, and other combat and security topics.

Why is a police officers life worth more than mine

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:32 pm

They can use "lawenforcement only" ammo. Balistic vests, carry without a permit. Why? I have the same if not more training. Wht should they be able to stop a bad guy with one shot from specail ammo and I am not aloud to use it? Why do they get discounts? Around here cops make more money than the regular Joe. What makes them more valueable?
NCCCCWteacher

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:26 am

First,NCC, Congrats! Your Force captured one of Floridas Bad Guys!!

Now from what I have heard, Police are not allowed to Carry Hollow Points, where we are. So I really don't understand that part?

They as people are no more valuable. But as far as them getting Discounts, if I were being held captive, I would like a well practiced Cop to be doing the Shooting! LOL

Money Wise, There are plenty of people who earn more, especially if illegal! But even I before becomming Disabled Earned more Selling TV's and Appliances, back in the Days when Salesmen were not just Know Nothing Clerks.

Bill
NCCCCWteacher

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:59 pm

All of my +P hollow points and my Winchester Ranger STX hollowpoints are marked LE ONLY. In NC and every other state I have lived in hollowpoints are the standard for LEOs(and for good reason) My point is, like back during the dark years (brady) why where copa alloud to carry 17 rounds and I only 10? I DO want them to have all of the BEST equipment and training, just why can't I have it too? And as far as the "discounts" What I meant was like at an IDPA shoot they get to shoot for free some places and people basicly kiss there behinds, for what? Doing a job they asked to do? I don't care about the discounts, I give women a dicsount in my classes. But if a cop shoots a dude with a 38+P+ he is ok, but if I do it in the same situation in my home, I am a "mainiac" for using +P+ (just an example)
NCCCCWteacher

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:30 pm

I have purchased a few Brands that have been stamped, L.E.Only or L.E. Edition. I think that's just a Sales Gimminck by the Companies to get you to purchase their Ammo. I know at least in Florida Cops cannot carry Hollowpoints. I don't know about elsewhere.
NCCCCWteacher

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:17 pm

I believe that we are members of the general citizenry. We aren't in the employ of any law enforcement agency. In most cases except for some of the commie states in the northeast or Kalifornia, we're allowed to use everything law enforcement has available. Keep in mind, we're the good guys and they're in charge of protecting us good guys. Some laws are enacted to keep some elements of society from having access to some of the most dangerous weapons and ammunition. Those laws are enforced to protect us and our law enforcement officials. Most of these laws actually limit but don't deny the rest of us from having access to it. There aren't many restrictions for law abiding Americans and unfortunately we can't prevent criminals from stealing or buying the same weapons on the Black Market. Put yourself in a Law Enforcement Officers position and then have to walk up to a car in the middle of the night by him/herself, or having to enter a house with a bunch of known losers with guns. I think that we absolutely must allow these men and women of law enforcement all of the tools they need to stop the evil denizens of the underworld! (Dramatic huh?) They don't deny us much and it's not law enforcement that limits what we have. It's the liberal anti gun phobics that do this to us. You'll see that in most states with rational legislators aka conservatives, that laws pertaining to firearms are very gun friendly.

As far as your IDPA shoots and places like them, you shouldn't get upset because you aren't getting the same breaks they do on ammo prices. Reason?? Because they've earned that right, that discount IMO. They're willing to stand in front of a bullet everyday to protect us from the evil in society. They've got guts that most people respect and I've got no problem providing them with some extra consideration. Unlike your area, LEO's don't make near as much as they should for the service they provide. Without them we'd be living in true anarchy. In the big picture they aren't given near as much in the way of salary or appreciation as they should get. That's how I see it anyway.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:20 am

No way do they make enough money. There discounts don't bother me, it is more of an observation. Like I said, I want them to have the best stuff and training. The discounts are like the ones I get for being a veteran, they are a matter decided by private busness. I do have a point, lol it is just hard to comunicate it here. I am not a police hater by any means and I know that they have NO control over the law. I just think that is is funny like here in NC if oue of you guys hit me, it would be a class 2 misdominer $50 and pick up the trash, but if you hit a woman it is a class 1-A misdominer and you will go to jail, pay a fine AND pick up the trash. I allways thatght that "equal protection under the law" meant just that, equal. The penaltys for hurting someone trying to help you, police,EMT, fire fighter ect. are more harsh amd I understand why. But it still says there life is worth more than mine. Do I make my point? It is not a complaint, just an observation. I was in the infantry, I saw combat, it was a job I volentered for because nobody made me join. Just being in the public service does not make you a hero, it is what you do while serving the public that tells the story.

No hollow points for cops in Florida??? WOW! That is dumb.
NCCCCWteacher

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am

"Officially" anyway, the Cops Here are not suppossed to use it, Palm Beach County anyway, but most do anyhow. They would rather face Internal Affairs than the Undertaker! I don't blame them! They are going up against Kids today with AK's, and all most have is a 40 Cal and a Shotgun!
NCCCCWteacher

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:33 am

It's not an issue that their life is "more" important than yours. But it's still mighty damn important to me, his/her fellow Officers and above all else, their families. No human life is or should be "more" important than the next persons. Unless of course you've broken a capital murder law resulting in a death penalty decision! That idea in our society says that one class of people is less important. Those people on Death Row in our Penitentiary Systems. They gave up their Constitutional rights when they commited some horrific crime. Of course this follows every appeal they are allowed to file.

Sorry for all the chatter, but the point I'd like to make is that their life isn't more important overall, just as I mentioned, we're all equal. But these people protect us, save our lives, fight our fires, and risk their lives every single day to be sure you can walk the streets safe, can count on somebody being there when you have a heart attack or your home catches fire. They are extremely important and valuable to us all. They deserve every single benefit that life can bring them, just like our Military. Because tomorrow, they could and would give their life to protect yours.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:57 am

And I totaly agree. Sometimes I get a goofie thaught and run with it, make people think. Someone who is willing to hurtt a police officer is more of a danger in general, they just don't care. They need to be dealt with more searously. If someone will go after a uniformed, trained and armed offical, they will have no problem going after you or I.
NCCCCWteacher

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:14 am

Yah, we all get a bit goofy sometimes! That's what makes us individuals. Our Emergency Service personnel are some of the best, most dedicated people on this planet. They deserve every consideration that can be provided. It's just the right thing to do.

tigwelder56

Next

Return to Military & Police