>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

What is needed to carry in your state

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

What is needed to carry in your state

Postby volfan472 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:30 am

Hello,

I am new to the world of conceal & carry. I live in tennessee and have a permit to carry. I was wanting to know if anyone else that lives in tennessee knows what other steps I need to take to be completely legal to carry. I dont want to be caught without proper items and lose my license. Thanks
volfan472

Postby CON-T » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:51 am

go to your local gun shop and ask if they have a list of states of reciprocity. you should be o.k. in tenn. with the ccw,but if youre asking about carrying in other states with your tenn. permit,ask at the gun shop...
CON-T

Postby volfan472 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:23 am

Thanks for the reply. I was just checking to see if I needed anything extra to the permit, like registration papers on the gun or anything along those lines. Thanks again and I will check with a local dealer.
volfan472

Postby XXOXX » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:14 am

If you have a Tenn. CCW, you should know what is legal and what is not. That should have been covered in your CCW certification.

Nothing will get you in a legal bind faster than a firearms charge for unlawful possession. Unlawful possession includes carry, use, ownership . . . public display.

You should know the law and know what states provide reciprocity.
XXOXX

Postby MikeyCC » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:26 pm

www.packing.org is an excellent site. It's a real treat to find a web site that is super easy to navigate.
MikeyCC

Postby MartyG » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:48 am

volfan, welcome to Kansas! I just checked our Attorney General's website, www.ksag.org, and found that your CCH is legal here in KS, and mine is legal in Tenn. There are many states passing laws every day, and sometimes packing.org doesn't have the latest update.

As far as your own state, I found this link: http://tennessee.gov/safety/handgun/reciprocity.htm

This is what Tenn says about the other states recognizing your license. To be sure, I'd go to each individual state's website, and hear it from them.

Good travels!
MartyG

Postby sittingmoose10.31_51shaman » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:57 am

To carry up here in Yorkie territory one must promise the surrender of his first born male to Governor Rumplestilgrabyergun.Yankees'just too dang anal retentive when it comes to firearms ownership.And Naw Yawk City requires a completely different Permit to boot.My(Yorkie State) Permit was Restricted to Target/Hunting.Talk about legal grey areas.However,being Sous chef at a Sicilian restaurant frequented by Judges and Police Chiefs from all over New york,an un restricted permit was not too hard for I to have it changed to.Lucky Me.Now that I must use a walker to mobilitate myself,I'm a mark for every thug within the range of a crows' fart. Article 35 of the State Penal Code practically demands the criminal to get off the first magazine load before I concider my weapons option.Bah, fahn gool, bad guy come to whack me,I go Doc Holiday on his sorry ass! Cripples with walkers cannot run from....I ain't no target,I shoot back.......... .
sittingmoose10.31_51shaman

Postby Patrol » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:56 pm

Your also good to go in Virginia. Virginia honors other states concealed carry permits and even if they didnt I dont mess with people who have permits in other states when I stop them. In Virginia even without a concealed permit you still are allowed to carry in plain view ofcourse many business' have their own restrictions that take away your rights to carry in their establishments. Most veteran cops in virginia especially the one's from the south honor the 2nd ammendment with regard to citizens carrying their firearms.
Patrol

Postby S&W910 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:56 pm

the NRA has a list of reciprical right states that you can carry in
S&W910

Return to Legal & Political