>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

open carry or concealed carry

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

Postby who_dat » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:20 am

That's a good point. If you are not in an area where there are many people carrying Guns openly, there will be calls to the Cops each time you walk out your House about a "Man with a Gun"!

Are there any areas where Many people Carry Openly?

I am not allowed to where I am. It must be Concealed.

It seems everything I read says different things about where you can and cannot Carry a Gun! Obvious places I can see, but in a Range you cannot even bring in a Concealed Weapon?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

And as far as that NRA Instructor goes, it makes no sense that you would lose a privledge to openly Carry once you get a CCW?

But then again, NRA Instructors are like Rangemasters, (Most are!) They all have their own Rules!
who_dat

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:12 pm

If your looking for specific places that you can not carry with open carry verses concealed with a cpl, then I recommend you do what your already doing, by seeing the attorney general, or read whatever house bill the gun laws are on and decipher them for yourself.

I wouldn't take what someone on a website says as absolute fact. Even though I doubt many people would try to mislead you, one wrong thing could prove disastrous. Somehow I don't think, "well gunshowbob from such and such website told me this was legal", will hold up very well in court.

The question I thought you were asking was do you lose your ability to carry open with a permit. And the answer to that is still, no you do not lose your right to open carry if you have a cpl.
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:16 pm

If you don't have a CCW in the state of Florida, you can't carry a firearm on your person at all. The only exception to that would be a hunter in the actual field. I'm not sure how strict Wildlife Officers would be if you were hunting with a pistol. I know that you can't carry a pistol in an open holster at all under any other circumstances.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby B.Stringbean » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:08 pm

So what you're basically saying is that Florida gun laws suck right?
B.Stringbean

Postby who_dat » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:19 pm

Beltbuckle, what you say makes perfect sense. That's why I wonder if it is true. The government doesn't usually have the logic that we have here. I am going to continue to ask the AG this question, and when I have it in writing, I will post it here.

Our AG has said that brandishing is the dictionary definition of overt and hostile waving a gun with intent to do bodily harm. Imprinting and a casual show under a shirt is not brandishing. The Michigan State Police have said that open carry is legal, but once you get in a car, you must have a concealed permit to have the pistol on your person. To me, that means you can open carry AND have a concealed license. It's perfectly logical, and that's why I'm scared!!

In the meantime, I'll tell them you said it was ok;)
who_dat

Postby junegun » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:09 pm

It depends. If I'm going to a mall, concealed simply to avoid a few idiots who may report "the man with a gun". When I don't care I carry open. Recently I went to my Walgreens at 5 in the morning with my weapon in open carry mode. As I stood in line a gentleman who was also armed stood next to me with his purchase. What did the clerk dowith two armed men at the counter? She rang up our purchases and thanked the both of us for coming in. She recognized that the both of though armed were of no danger to her. Take into consideration the type of people you may encounter.
junegun

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:36 pm

No, I wouldn't say that Florida gun laws suck at all. We've got one of the best set ups in the country. I do wish they'd allow gun owners to carry a pistol in an open holster while in the field. I don't like the idea that allows people to walk down city streets packing their "six shooter" like they did in the old west! But if you're in the field, you shouldn't be prevented from using a holster to openly carry your pistol.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby shawn » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:47 pm

I wish we had "stand your ground" here in PA like you do in florida. And yes I have written the legislator to tell them that.
shawn

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:37 pm

It's hard to understand why a legislator couldn't agree with that sort of thought. Why in the hell should anyone have to run away from an attacker when that attacker has just kicked in the front or back door of your house? Just because there is a window or another door that you "MIGHT" make it to yourself, doesn't mean your wife, daughter/son, mom and dad or your invited friends will make their escape through. It's more important that they are protected by someone that is capable of doing that for them. As law abiding citizens and hard working American citizens, doesn't mean we have the financial capability to provide ourselves with armed guards for protection. You say rely on the Police?? I have all the respect in the world for our law enforcement officials but that respect doesn't get them to my house any faster than it does to yours. If the criminal has violated your home, and if he has another person helping him rob and violate your home isn't going to provide you with an extra twenty minutes of time to wait for law enforcement to show up and protect you! The ignorant people that insist on running forget that the people running, are unarmed because the ignorant legislator's have taken away their Constitutionally protected guns for protection! All of the exit doors and windows have been barricaded by the criminals. So now what do the victims do? Come on MR or MRS Anti Gun Supporter, what do they do? You have to make a decision, RIGHT NOW! They have a gun at the head of your grand daughter, the answer you've given them is to run, run like cowards. You all of a sudden hear a "BANG, BANG" in the next room. Guess what? Your grand baby's head is splattered all over the wall because the stupid fucks said that you all should've run away. You're all a disgusting, useless bunch of losers that has lost the meaning of self-protection. You all either need to wake up and understand what the American law abiding citizens need to protect themselves. Go ahead and keep cutting the benefits of our law enforcement officers, turn out the lights in our city parks to save money, refuse to let law abiding American citizens own a firearm in their own home. Tell them to run like cowards when some three time loser is raping your daughter. You assholes are pathetic examples of what our founding fathers had in mind for the people they wanted to lead this country. You're disgustingly poor examples of what you should be.

tigwelder56

Postby shawn » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:42 pm

Self defense is a baisc human right, the law cannot truly grant it or take it away. It can only recognize it. Our rights do not come from the government.
shawn

PreviousNext

Return to Legal & Political