>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

Get ready for the assault weapon ban...

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

Get ready for the assault weapon ban...

Postby Tralik33 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:33 am

The killing spree that happened yesterday in Alabama is going to put the assault weapon ban back on the front page of the news. This administration will use this incident to propel their gun bans through Congress. They won't let a crisis go to waste....
Tralik33

Postby agonist » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:50 am

What gun did he use?
agonist

Postby Tralik33 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:53 pm

I haven't read any "official" word on what he used, but fox news radio reported an "M-16 like assault rifle" so probably an AR-15 or something similar. I suspect this will be all the motivation they need to start that ball rolling.
Tralik33

Postby agonist » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:03 pm

Germany's gun laws are pretty strict and their "assault weapons" ban includes any gun with the outward appearance of a fully automatic weapon which would include an AR. Clearly effective legislation. NOT
agonist

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:13 pm

'The article didn't mention what type of "Assault Rifle" but it did say he had two of them taped together. He also had a shotgun and a .38 Special revolver in his possession. They claim he fired at least 200 rounds. He killed five members of his own family, four dogs and five others including the wife and 18 month old daughter of one of the Sheriff Deputy's that was chasing him. He had a list of people that had done him wrong. He committed suicide after being cornered in one of the businesses he had targeted.

Fox News just mentioned that he had an AK 47. They didn't mention him having two. I have a feeling the previous article that said two were taped together, was referring to two magazines taped together. The Germany shooting is also listed as the worst in Germany's history. I guess they aren't remembering what they did during the Holocaust...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby TheBonecrusher » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:25 pm

Oh, I see, the gun did the shooting. Damn, I always thought it was the idiot with the gun. I suppose if he would have had a 10/22 with two or three magazines taped together, then it would have been okay?

Stupid media! Why can't they ban 18 wheelers? A big truck can kill more people if it crashes into a small car too. We will be fighting this fight for as long as we live. Arm the citizens and the idiots won't have as much of a chance. Makes my blood boil, but not enough to want to shoot someone!
TheBonecrusher

Postby agonist » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:59 am

It's those damn "assault rifles"! Never mind that Remington 742 deer rifle with a 20 round magazine. Uhh... guns are bad mmm hmmm, okay.... I still say I'd rather be shot to death than hacked or beaten to death.
agonist

Postby agonist » Sun May 10, 2009 12:56 am

The ignorance of the anti gun retards is astounding. It is just like this swine flu that is going around. Someone today was talking about it and I'm like it is just another type of the flu. They said "but people are dying". Then I replied "38,000 people die from the flu each year now". The media blows this kind of crap out of proportion and idiots believe everything they see on tv. If there were more responsible gun owners that are willing to protect themselves and others then there wouldn't be as many of these multiple homicide/suicides that seem to happen on a day to day basis. One major reason I decided to get my conceal permit is due to the fact that, if I'm anywhere and some criminal pulls a gun to threaten or whatnot, I will hopefully be close enough to stop him dead in his tracks. I'm not looking to be a hero but I'm tired of these crazy fools taking others lives. Further hurting our second amendment rights with their foolishness.
agonist

Postby agonist » Fri May 22, 2009 10:09 am

I know a lot of liberals who are perfectly willing to give up their liberty for what they think is public safety. They believe that only LEOs and soldiers should be allowed to have guns. I know other liberals who think that you should be allowed to have guns for hunting. These people think of themselves as intelligent people and anyone who doesn't follow their flawed logic is a "nut".

The 2nd ammendment was not written for hunters nor was it written for LEOs. It was written for "The People". I will take my liberty over some utopic Orwellian dream world any day.
agonist

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun May 24, 2009 8:25 pm

rep. carolyn mccarthy is at it again. I want to be first on the block (today anyway) to tell her to STFU and quit the "F"ing whining. Someone needs to shut that liberal bee-yitch's mouth the next time she opens it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090524/ap_ ... liberals_5
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Return to Legal & Political