>
Board Index Serious Shooters Hunting

Deer hunting

Share stories of all things hunting: Deer, Fowl, Turkey, Big Game, or discuss recipes, sporting dogs, or bow hunting.

Postby bigdawg » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:22 pm

ky,

you better believe it does. i love the .44 my super blackhawk with it's 10" bbl is targeted at 110 yards.

that is with 225 gr. bullet.

the super redhawk the contender/encore shoot even better.

the s redhawk has a longer cylinder and will allow longer heavyier loads. the t/c's on the other hand have the closed breech which will give you more energy from the same rounds and a little more range.

i also use an encore chambered for 45-70.

the is a pistol with a 15" bbl and a 2x loupold scope

this one bites the hand the feeds it. ha ha

hope this help. i'll give any info i can.

good luck.
bigdawg

Postby S&W910 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:10 am

never hunted with either of my Rugers i had a blackhawk and a redhawk with 7.5 inch barrels redhawk was a 44mag the blackhawk a 30 carbine 3 screw i miss them both and i know for sure they'd take out a deer provided it was in range.

I miss both weapons dearly specially the blackhawk
S&W910

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:15 am

Gun season opened up here in Ohio today, and I'm proud to say that at 7:30 this morning I bagged a 9 pointer!!!
beltbuckle

Postby Ky-Glockman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:16 am

Congrats belt!!!!!!
Ky-Glockman

Postby louismacote » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:48 pm

Does anyone here handgun hunt with a semiauto handgun? I just happened to shoot a deer last year with my 1911 because I stumbled accrossed it at 15yds while hiking during deer season. The TAP rd dropped it like a rock! Pure luck, but now I am thinking about using it again next year for the thick brush. Anyone else use something other than a revolver for hunting? Does anyone have any other experience using 45acp for deer hunting at close range?
louismacote

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:56 am

I would but Ohio like many other states does not allow you to hunt with a semiauto handgun, at least for deer that is.
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:31 pm

To me it sounds like great practice for a double tap with practical results.

I would think there would be alot of caliber/bullet restrictions required for this to happen in my state. As we are fairly populated without an abundance of wide open space.

Our state highway patrol has a hard time killing road kill (that hasn't quite died yet) Watched one shoot a deer three times in the neck with a 9mm and the deer was still alive (this is five feet away btw), then his partner got it in the head for the kill. (why he shot it in the neck at that range I'll never know)

I assume another reason we can't has somthing to do with barrel length and mag capacity. Thats only a thought however, not fact.
beltbuckle

Previous

Return to Hunting