>
Board Index Serious Shooters Hunting

Boar Hunting

Share stories of all things hunting: Deer, Fowl, Turkey, Big Game, or discuss recipes, sporting dogs, or bow hunting.

Postby lotsip81 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:55 am

I'm not positive but I think one of my friends went wtih a .308 and a 454 cassul. But that was in TX.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:37 pm

I think that M16 and M203 combo is sounding better all the time. Do you think that M203 would fit on an AR-10? This is going to be a fun hunting trip!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby DOCB » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:02 am

yeah, the 203 would fit on the ar-10. that would be a bad ass combo.
DOCB

Postby kyle44mag » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:45 am

Don't they usually hunt hogs with dogs?

Thank you kyle
kyle44mag

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:29 am

They do use dogs in many places but it's not a required part of the hunt. In area's where there is an abundance of hogs, you can hunt them in many of the same ways you hunt any other animal, stalking, tree stands, etc. A guide can be a big benefit, they aren't cheap but if you want a better chance of bagging a boar, it's worth the cost.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby kyle44mag » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:58 pm

Did any of you guys see the episode of Best and Worst of Tred Barta on versus. He was hunting Pigs with dogs and your 6'' bowie beltbuckle! It was raw.

Thank you,

Kyle
kyle44mag

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:59 pm

Did he get a boar with the bowie??? Hell Yeah, back to the 6" bowie idea!!! and the hand grenade just for looks!

Seriously though I'd like to try it with a handgun, my future smith and wesson 460xvr. Or the .41 mag if I dont get around to getting the smith.
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:00 am

I loved boar hunting when I live in Texas! I used a Savage 7mm mag, to make sure that boy was down before I got out of the tree blind and went to bleed him.

(Same day) I had a friend who shot one with a 30-30, drop it like a fly. When he went down to bleed it, but our boy wasn't completely dead. He slashed my friends leg and he ended up with 36 stiches in his leg. Just shows you what those big old tusks can do.

In short, make sure he's dead, other wise you may be in for more than you expected. Great story though, other than my friend's leg, we still tease him about it, LOL!
beltbuckle

Postby BlackHawkCazador » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:15 am

I just moved to Houston TEXAS and the hog hunting here is awesome. Considering that half the nations feral hog population is in TX, this is the place to be to kill hogs. I personally love to gun them down with my ruger black hawk at close range and my BAR 30-06 make quick work of any size boar. Feeder hunting at dusk and dawn are ideal if you have no night vision optics. Always remember that hogs are the smartest animal in the woods and are a challenge to kill they smell and hear like or better than deer and they are not color blind. always start out with pros. Knife hunting with dogs is great too and more challenging. IT TAKE BALLZ TO KNIFE A 100-250LB.BOAR JUST A COUPLE OF FEET AWAY. anyway i encourage everyone to help curve the out of control feral hog epidemic which threatens natural wildlife ecosystems everywhere so play your part and SHOOT THEM ON SIGHT!!!!!!
BlackHawkCazador

Previous

Return to Hunting