>
Board Index Serious Shooters Concealed Carry

Carry Condition Preference Survey

For those legally permitted to carry a weapon or wanting to obtain their concealed pistol license.

Postby ke7zem » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:54 pm

Yes I know that probably most people call the 9 short the .380 auto, .380 ACP, the 9 Kurtz. The reason that I call it that is because It's a classic, nickle finish model with those words right on the top of barrel near the breach it says Cal. 9 short then right below that is says .380 auto. I love this gun. and my M1911A1 is made by RIA, I replaced the smooth wallnut grips to some rubber HOUGE grips, put a dash of HOT pink fingernail polish on the front site to help aim (as you know, the orignal dovetail iron sights on these guns made it a little more difficult to find the target) it, I have about 800 rounds through it and it operates great with all 3 mags. It came with one 8 round black stainless, then I bought a cheaper 7 round original style mag but the best one is the Chip McCormick 10 round single stack!!! it only sticks out of the butt one inch. anyway, good job on letting me know about some of the laws about self defense in WA state. When I go to buy a side arm I look for quality, looks (that might sound cheezy, it's true), reputation, and after research is done. I don't just buy guns for self defense, although all of my weapons can be used in self defense, I liike to shoot. It's a fun Hobby and I love everything about it. One thing I want to bring up is this concerning what you can do and what you need to do to get out of a situation. If the law says you can use deadly force in a situation but you see that you don't need to, just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Like driving a car, I have AVOIDED hundreds of car accidents where it would have totally been the other persons fault. It doesn't mean if don't see a chance to avoid the accident to purposely let thim hit me because I know i can sue them and there insurance company. My point is, no one, I don't care who you are or who you think you are, killing another human being will change your life forever! you don't know exactly how it will affect yourself uless it happens but it will. That does NOT mean that I wouldn't use deadly force after all other avenues of diplomacy have been exausted. To sum it up: IF you don't absalutely have too, don't. Avoid any and all possible situations of attach IF you can. I'm not trying to put anyone down I'm just putting it in a different light, so you can see it at a different angle. I love everything about guns, including that I can use it to protect my friends, family, and self. I'm on your side! and No, I am not a writer as was implied by tigwelder56, just a regular joe.
ke7zem

Postby ulgydog56 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:19 pm

rerun i,m good with that as long as there painted as to not to confuse with the real deal....
ulgydog56

Postby PEZGALLO » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:55 pm

I'm curious about how difficult it is to get a concealed carry permit where you live.

In Calif. it's up to the county sheriff. Some places give them out. In others, it's almost impossible to get one.

I live in one of the easiest counties in the state to get one. It's in the mountains with a small population, but even here we must attend and pass a training/live ammo. class ($70),

get 3 approval letters from county residents, and submit the letters along with one's application to the sheriff.

If you get one; it's good for 2 years and then you start over.

I always thought the Constitution gave us all the right to carry????

Roosterfish.

p.s. I,ve got a Ruger LC9 and a Browing High Power.
PEZGALLO

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:33 pm

Here in Florida it's fairly straightforward. If you meet the qualifications, this state must approve it. We're what they call a "Shall Issue" state. That just means as I said, if you meet all the legal qualifications and take an NRA certified gun course, the state shall (must) issue you the license. The fee is $117 new and $65 renewal, and good for 7 years. There are things like military service, being a LEO, that serve as course qualifiers. I lived in California, in the Bay area and when I tried to get my CCW license, the officer just laughed at me!! No way was his answer. If you can get approved for one out there, my hat's off to you!! Good luck!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby ke7zem » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:55 am

Washington is a "Shall Issue" state but the only requirements is the $55.00, 21 years old, and no felony record. I actually like the Florida law better, making people get some kind of hand gun training before issuing a permit, but that's just me. I had fun this weekend in the Tri-Cities shootin the heck out of the place with my mossberg 500, RIA .45, and the Beretta 84.
ke7zem

Postby ulgydog56 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:32 pm

pez, thats the way it is on the left coast,way to much crap and they restrick you more everyday,thank god you can still move in this country,but the,ll tell you were to live soon to ,allready tell you how to....
ulgydog56

Postby eisen » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:03 am

in missouri u must be 21 take a course for around $100 with classroom and live fire semi-auto and revolver 140 rounds+ ,pass live fire qualification ,take papers to the sheriff office,pay another $100 & get fbi background ck stuff, no felony of course, digital finger print ,permit good for 3yrs, $50 renewal .
eisen

Postby Rerun201 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:39 am

Michigan is a shall issue state much like the others mentioned. There is a mandatory training program and qualification to pass, put it is not very stringent at all. Fingerprinting and other fees run it up to between $150 to $200 for cost. You have to renew every 3 years or so which means you have to pay additional costs.

Personally, I think it's cheap insurance.

Did any of you catch the South Carolina sheriff that told everyone in his county to get a permit and a firearm after a woman was attacked in a park? Not mace-a firearm...
Rerun201

Postby ulgydog56 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:49 pm

hey rerun its every 5 years in michigan for renewal, and it changes from county to county for fees, cost me 1oo.00 last time this year. some blue countys they make it just alittle harder than red countys....i know my brother had to jump thru more hoops in macomb county.......
ulgydog56

Postby Rerun201 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks, ulgydog56.

The process wasn't too bad in Calhoun County, but as a retired LEO, I didn't have as many hoops to jump through as my sons did. I think it helped that when the "shall issue" provisions went into effect that we had a "red" prosecutor in office.

For the sake of argument, we'll say the cost for the permit is $150. It lasts for 5 years. That's $30/year for the "insurance". Let's see Geico, Progressive, Allstate or any of the others beat that.
Rerun201

PreviousNext

Return to Concealed Carry