>
Board Index Serious Shooters Training

Uses for political signs

Discuss and learn techniques properly to train, improve accuracy, and become an expert at handling a weapon.

Uses for political signs

Postby whitehood » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:20 pm

I love election times because I stock up on political signs preferably from liberal Dems. You know the ones the kind with the political candidates names on them. They make wonderful target stands. Staple butcher paper to them and make an basic outline of whatever you want to shoot at. Or you can put commercial targets on them. If you have access to lots of outdoors and lots of space you can't beat them for a cheap and effective target stand. It's my way of going green.
whitehood

Postby JustBen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:11 pm

I have plenty of bad guy targets etc..., but does anyone know if it is legal or not to shoot targets of our favorite lefties in Congress ?
JustBen

Postby GOANRA » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:12 pm

I used to get Bin Laden targets at the range, but haven't seen any of the Marxist Regime, yet.

Maybe it's not "Politically Correct". LOL
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:31 pm

You can buy targets that are used for "Dart Boards" every day and everywhere! So if you should decide to poke holes in those same targets with a bullet shouldn't be anymore illegal than the other. Catch me if you can you jerks......
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby pastorfarley » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:20 am

So that is where all those signs stolen during Maine elections are going! We have at least one big news story about campaign signs being stolen every year. Of course 48 hours after the election they are all supposed to be down, guess that makes 'em fair game then. I used to live on a corner and often had signs put right by the stop sign in my front yard, hated to think people might feel I endorsed certain candidates. They were technically in the "right of way", but a few got damaged while I mowed the lawn.
pastorfarley

Postby GOANRA » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:20 pm

I was selling a house last year & had an extra sign by the main road. It was stolen 4 times.

Also, the County confiscated me real estate sign 'in front of my house', because it was on the public access portion.

The real estate signs are much better quality.

Folks like to paint over 'em & use 'em for Garage Sales.

In most States, the 'right-of-way' between your yard & street can only be used with the permission of the local jurisdiction [City or County].

Political endorsements cannot be 'allowed' on public access, of course.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby pastorfarley » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:52 am

In Maine campaign signs are allowed until 48 hours after the election. Last cycle an enterprising candidate came up with a sidewalk sign, low and inserted parallel to the traffic on the edge of the sidewalk between the curb and paved walkway. A bit of a controversy - end result it did not "obstruct" the actual walkway so it was OK.

The polling site is about the only place a sign cannot be placed if it does not obstruct traffic or visibility.
pastorfarley

Postby pastorfarley » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:26 pm

A friend of mine recently went to another state and saw a sign with my last name on it. He looked until he found one dislocated and picked it up and gave it to me, now I can run for office!
pastorfarley

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:16 pm

I went out after the polls were closed last night and again this morning, in search of those old political signs. We have a day or two requirement that they have to be removed or fines can be imposed. I saved many new and old politicians and wannabe's that fine. These signs make fantastic target back boards!!! I got so many that I needed a van to get them to our range!! I'm so happy that I could assist our new and old politicians by collecting their roadside trash. I feel like I provided a real public service

;-)
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby ParkmanO » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:03 am

Good idea Tig! Take it a step further and call the anti-gun candidates to thank them for their contribution to exercising your 2nd amendment rights.
ParkmanO

Next

Return to Training