>
Board Index Gear and Ammo Accessories

cheap body armor for home defense

Discuss holsters, grips, magazines, sights, scopes, night-vision, gun safes, and other gun gear.

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:21 am

Billy that artical is not so correct. That 90% they are talking about includes M60s and M16s stolen from the Mexican Army, they ARE guns from the US.

As far as the vest, lol. When I am on the range I ware it because I have it. Same reason I have insurance and a gun. And yes, I have had the "somethhings wrong with my gun" as they do a 180 in my direction, lol
NCCCCWteacher

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi NCC,

I can only tell you what the Paper said. Guns are illegal in Mexico, so when they tallied them all up, they just said 90% came from here. I really don't blame you for wearing something when at the Range. I have had a few idiots myself point their Guns at me at the Range, if they want to ask a question about my Gun etc.

They are usually using $49.00 25 Cals.!

Bill
NCCCCWteacher

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:10 pm

NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:29 pm

I sure am glad Joe Byden said he was on the pro gun side. Remember he said Obama wasn't getting his Beretta. (refering to his O/U shotgun) I FEEL REAL SAFE. I am just wondering where in the hell I am going to bury all of this .... um.. stuff.. these magical beans. Yeah thats it.

But any way if the Mexican bad guys come over the border Byden will protect us all with his bird gun. No need for us to worry, we all can have bird guns.(just no lead ammo in Califorina)
NCCCCWteacher

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:39 pm

Let's face it, Gun owners are never going to give up their Guns, anymore than Drug Addicts are going to give up their Drugs!

They need to realize Addiction is a Disease, and treat it that way, but then it means even more Money! It's a Catch 22! For people who wanted help getting off Drugs in the past, they had to write them up as a Mental Condition of some sort. The Gov't does not recognize Drug Addiction like they do Depression.

With all the Years Dr's go to School, they are only taught 1 Hour about Addiction. Education all around is the Key!
NCCCCWteacher

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:20 pm

Bill,

Are you comparing gun owners to drug addicts? I think I know what you meant but I gave up assuming anything after my first divorce... Maybe you could define yourself a little better. I don't think you want to compare gun ownership with drug addicts and as a disease...

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:49 am

No, no comparison intended! Actually I had a few Beers and don't really know what I was trying to say there?? Well, if I figure it out, I'll let you know!

Sorry, Bill

OK Tig, You were talking about Americas unquenchable need for Narcotics, and I was only trying to bring to light that Addiction is not recognized as a disease, which it is! Our Dr's are not Taught Enough on Addiction, (Only 1 Hour out of 4 Years!) and until they are we will have Drug Addicts, Thus we need Guns to protect ourselves. (Sorry, just woke up!)

Bill

tigwelder56

Postby smith6906 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:28 am

criminals + narcotics scares the living heck out of me, a Swat buddy of mine from LA told me a tale of a crazed banger on meth, 3 officers unloaded a full mag each of 9mm hollow point on the guy and he acted as if he had been shot with a BB gun........talk about a self defense nightmare! drugs are getting to the point where you have to carry a M203 granade launcher to stop some of the users..........what happened to the good old drunk and disorderly!!!!! lol!!
smith6906

Postby gator60 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:59 pm

a good solid WALL!!!
gator60

Postby reverendlovejoy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Not sure the thinking is solid here. 1st, someone claimed the body armor only takes 2 additional seconds to put on; I seriously doubt that estimation. Besides, upon hearing breaking glass in the middle of the night , time would be better spent setting up in a good firing position, preferably behind cover of some description. 2nd, are you really expecting to get into an extended gunfight with an intruder in your home?? You should ideally be so well drilled that your 1st shot is all that is required. Besides, I never heard of a burglar that stuck around for a mass gunfight with the occupier of a home. Chances are, worst case for you, that they may return fire whilst retreating. Would you continue into a house, armed or not, after being shot at by the occupier? Me neither.

I wouldn't waste time with the body armor; spend the money on practice time at the range, or training that will teach you good tactical thinking like crouched/prone firing positions and/or finding appropriate cover. These things will make you hard enough to hit that you won't need the body armor.
reverendlovejoy

PreviousNext

Return to Accessories