>
Board Index Gear and Ammo Accessories

leather holster

Discuss holsters, grips, magazines, sights, scopes, night-vision, gun safes, and other gun gear.

Postby JustBen » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:40 pm

Bob:

Practice makes permanent thats for sure. I tried switching guns this summer for Trap Shooting and put myself in a terrible slump for months even after I switched back.
JustBen

Postby JustBen » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:44 pm

snke doctr:

Sounds like a good setup that works for you.

I would check out the videos on YouTube though for that Serpa. If it is the one with the trigger finger release, there are cases of people under stress pulling the gun up hard before they release it. This makes the release extremely hard to actuate. If you then push real hard with your trigger finger and get it to release, you may end up squeezing off a round into your leg.
JustBen

Postby Gloc9mm » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:41 am

I appreciate the info from you guys. My main problem though is after carrying in 1 spot for over 30 yrs, (I have an UM's Ankle Holster as well, never use it) I am just leary of switching positions. As I mentioned, IF ever needed I know my first reaction would be to reach behing my right hip. If there is a nylon type holster that I can place there that's better made, that I'd consider. I don't buy UM Holsters cause they are cheap, they have just been the most comfy for me.

Thank's

Bob
Gloc9mm

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:53 pm

I understand your proclivity for what's familiar but you forget one thing, practice. If you want to change to a new holster system or style, you're going to have to commit to the decision by training and practice with it. You can decide to keep what is most familiar to you and most comfortable which is fine, there isn't anyone denying they are some very important considerations! But should you want to make a change to something else, you'll have to commit to training and practice with it to regain the comfort you now have with your current system. In the end, it's up to you Bob! Good luck with your decision!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Gloc9mm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:00 am

I understand what you are saying Tig.

I just figured it would be easier to first ask about something I am used to, then to re-think things after/if there are no good answers, if that makes any sense?? (*Sounds a lot like my life! lol) You are right. I just don't do change very well at this point in life. Seems like I preach "practice"myself to young people almost every time I go to the Range, as it seems many ask questions of me I guess cause I'm older??

But Hell, I never liked Blondes but I'm in a relationship with one for the first time right now! So I do intend to take all that has been said and try 1 or 2 of the items mentioned in this thread. I'm not a closed minded old coot! lol

But, I am still trying to figure out what *BEN meant by "Appendix forward"??? Sounds very uncomfortable for some reason??

I don't want to be hiding a Gun in my Junk! lol

Thank's to all for the input!

Bob
Gloc9mm

Postby JustBen » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:43 am

I guess it would be pointing at your junk, or at least it is not junk yet - LOL.

Appendix forward is basically 1:00. Very concealable and quick to draw. You can also conceal your draw better. To bad I cannot carry there myself.
JustBen

Postby Gloc9mm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:44 am

Thank's Ben! lol
Gloc9mm

Postby snke_doctr » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:24 am

justben;

What Gloc9 & Tig emphasize is very true, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, & w/ the Blackhawk Serpa and it's trigger finger release that's what I've done/am doing. In a stressfull situation though, with all that adrenalin pumpin', drawing from an open-top holster can be "shakey" even.

I'm currently using my Glock36 & I'd like to get a Glock23 (they both fit the Serpa)
snke_doctr

Postby Gloc9mm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 pm

SNKE, Do you know of any sites that would show it??

Thank's, Bob
Gloc9mm

Postby snke_doctr » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:11 pm

Gloc, No - I don't know of any.
snke_doctr

PreviousNext

Return to Accessories