>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Mossberg 500 Persuader Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Postby BtheKid1881 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:51 am

This is one of my favorite shotguns. I don't own it yet but will in the near future. You get a great home defense shotgun for cheap. It is a reliable gun and made by a great company in Mossberg!
BtheKid1881

Postby Rocket11213 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:24 am

So what is the general poll yes the Mossberg Persuader 12ga pump 8 shot both 2 3/4 an 7, 3 in shell ? Comes with pistol grip and stock . I have found Mossberg to be a very decent shotgun and good price and I know few friends have 12 gauge long 28' vet rib double bead site and love it for hunting. As for persuader 18 " or 20 in bbl which I forgot to mention also comes with slug barrel also. I shot every load thur it with pistol grip 00 buck told 9 large pellet each size of a 38 spl bullet so one shell like being shot 9 times with 38. and if use low recoil rounds not big kick I think great home protection shot it close at rage and all the way down lane still turn target into shreds I would say agree it is if intruder just hears the pump action rack sound would most sane person run for there live for breaking into a home. Also the 28 : bbl pump vent rib double bead great hunting gun and also while barrel long still this would be decent home protection for there price there nice shotguns and warranty great. I saw a persuader pistol grip with heat shield 20 in barrel 8 shot fellow at range fire it so fast , everyone at rage stop to watch the flame come out not to forget the blasting sound . But he racked of off 8 shells in seconds. 2 ND shell already blew away the target and he just wanted to see how fast he could pump fire 8 shell and it was fast and very intimidating demo what damage this gun can does . Most impressive display, and very serious action look with the heat shield shoulder strap He said he has fire 100's round and no action jams from slugs to #9 bird shot.
Rocket11213

Postby OIFVet » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:42 am

I'm about to purchase a Mossy 500 Persuader for home defense in the following configuration: SHOT CRUISER 20GA PISTOL GRIP ONLY 6 (CAP) BEAD CYL. BORE 28" (overall) 5 1/2 LBS.

An old debate, but in this particular shotgun, any reason I should consider a 12GA version instead? (All potential users have small hands)

Also, how does $340 sound for new?

In advance, thanks!
OIFVet

Postby Rocket11213 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:38 pm

I like poll on How many agree the Mossberg 500 persuader 20 in bbl 8 shot pump shotgun is great home defence gun . I have this gun and use the pistol grip. fire everything thur it, from slugs, to 000 buck, 00 buck also found Low recoil shells of 00 & 000 buck. And had comfort in the pistol grip hand. And I had fire total of about 25 shells and the slugs had biggest kick but still with pistol grip I had good control. fired 3 shot rapid with pump. I found the low recoil 00 &000 buck shells very comfortable and accurate at 15 feet shells 9 pellets hit center mass, I was told at the range that 00 buck , that each of 9 pellet was size of a 38 cal bullet . so the taqrget I was hitting with all 9 pellets was like being hit all at once with 9 38 spl bullets. For home defence I have to say this is got to be the most effect. If the pump action sound of racking a shell sound alonge is intimadating enough to make most to run. thoese who are stupid enough to stay and give me know choice will be taken out, and best part still have 7 more rounds left for any straglers. so how doothers feel about this mossberge Persurader 500 pump? and for home defence and other uses they found to use it.
Rocket11213

Postby santiagoraul1982 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:25 pm

knoxx recoil stock nice addition to any 500 or 590 low recoil great time shootin clay disk
santiagoraul1982

Postby wallyiv » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:01 pm

I agree with rocket; this is my first line of defense as well. Mine also has the pistol grip, which I actually prefer. There are few weapons out there with this value too.
wallyiv

Postby trailrunner » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:52 pm

After many hours with gun magazines and looking at posts and perusing tons of websites I chose a Mossberg pump 20 gauge w/ an 18.5" barrell w/ a flash suppressor and 5+1......... not shot it yet, pretty much going crazy but it's minus 8 here to day and the weekend will bring warmer weather. This is my week of firsts. First pump shot gun ( my first was a 20 gauge Mossberg bolt action with a 4 shot clip) first post here and first time I joined the NRA. Looking forward to answers to my questions concerning guns. Your and mine. I have owned my Glock 17 about 10 years. Bought it from a police officer fried. And I own a Beretta .32 Bobcat. I hope to soon purchase my first rifle and will for sure make it an AR-15 or the like. I also would like to own a .380 for concealed carry ( along with the Beretta ) and Judge or the S & W's version and I'm looknig hard at the ones with the lasers......... I need advice now though on a flashlight/laser combo for the Mossy. Well enough blah blah blah for now. Thanks and well met. Steven
trailrunner

Postby BrianB » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:38 am

Welcome to the forum Steven, glad to have you.

"Bought it from a police officer fried" Funny, I thought it was just the criminals that fried. (Kidding man)

Anyways, I got the Mossberg Persuader/Cruiser a few months ago, I have yet to try it with the pistol grip though. Haven't had the time, money and fair weather at the same time to go to the range lately. Definitely a good gun in my humble opinion.
BrianB

Postby JmzGaming » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:11 am

My favorite shotgun and my #1 go to gun for home defense. Great capacity, reliable, easy to maintain and good value. There's really not much to say about this shotgun except you can't go wrong with the persuader.
JmzGaming

Postby DepDoug » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:51 am

Good shotgun for the price. Just lay that front bead sight on whatever you want to hit and pull the trigger. If you use the heavier loads (not target loads), then it isn't a fun shotgun to shoot. You'll have sore shoulder. Otherwise, as shotguns go, it's made very well.
DepDoug

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns