>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Rifles

Barrett M82A1/M107 Reviews

Discuss and review rifles and caribines with others who have a passion for long range precision shooting.

Postby Hammertime » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:20 am

I'd love to hunt elk with a 50 FMJ up here in Co. and go for a long distance "call" except I'd need the single shot or modify the magazine to only hold 2 rounds. It would definately have to be a "meatsaver" shot in the spine behind the ear or there goes the front quarters and I want the meat. I'd also love to spank an Antelope from a mile away. I did drop an elk from 850yds. with my Ruger M77, 1 shot with a 7mm magnum 160gr. boat tail. If I did that with the 50 all I would have had was buger, sausage, and maybe some jerky. Bought a Weatherby Vanguard strictly for Coyote in a .223 and used only FMJ as not to ruin the pelt. As poor as I am I'll have to stick ro the M77. Maybe the 50 or the 416 would be a suitable round for gophers?
Hammertime

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:26 pm

At $5.00 per round, minimum, that's an awfully expensive gopher! I watched a show on Versus last week, a prarie dog hunt and they were using the .223 Varmint Grenade rounds and were shooting from 200 yards. If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't believe it. Those dogs vaporized, I don't think there was even a tooth to be found! I'd venture to say that you might not damage as much meat as you think with a 50 cal ball round. It would be great for a neck shot. All you'd have to do is drop off the head at the taxidermist and the rest at the butcher shop! I also wanted to ask you what do you do with those coyote pelts? Are they worth much $$$?
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby kyle44mag » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:00 am

How bad is recoil on one of those things?

Thank you,

Kyle
kyle44mag

Postby louismacote » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:14 am

I just ordered a Bohica .50 BMG upper AR. Has anyone ever fired one of these? I used to carry a Barret in the military, and it was too heavy, so I only need a single shot anyway. It only cost 995$, but I don't need 1/2MOA (I can't shoot that anyway). What do ya'll think of short barrels, and cheaper single shot .50BMGs?
louismacote

Postby floridanomaly » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:52 pm

Because of its unique muzzle brake, the felt recoil of the Barrett M82A1 is very similar to that of a 12G shotgun...some folks say it feels like less.
floridanomaly

Postby shaman » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:04 pm

I've seen this gun in action, it's incredible, and the recoil is nominal. The cost of ownership is way to high. The gun is pricey but in most places owning this is a paperwork nightmare. G-men will keep tabs on you. Remember what this weapon is designed to do.
shaman

Postby BMCUSNAVY » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:52 pm

Anyone have any idea what 2 of the latest M107's with consecutive serial numbers would be worth????
BMCUSNAVY

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:52 pm

Hey Chief, did you read my reply about this? I answered your first post on the 24th. I've requested information from another source but haven't heard back yet. To get the information you need, we need more info from you. Here's a list of things that will help:

- What is the manufacture date?

- Barrel length?

- Do they include the Swarovski 10X scope ?

- Do they have the 1913 rail?

- What's their condition and how much use have they seen?

Anything you can provide is helpful. Without the information I've requested we can't provide you with an accurate price. I've got the new Blue Book and can provide generic values of the rifles based on useage. That's it without more information.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Pugdog » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:36 am

There is a single shot bolt action for around $3200 that is fairily reasonable to buy and shoot. I have seen these advertised lately. I have shot one of the M82s and there is no doubt that it is the best of the best.
Pugdog

Postby Royce » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:24 pm

I think the way Im gonna get a BMG is through an AR 15. You can pick up the 50 cal uppers for @ $1200. Inpractical,expensive,but what a great family heirloom. Grandpa is gonna look pretty sweet when I hand it down.There will come a day when we wont be able to buy one. You can order the upper conversions straight from the internet.That way the feds will never know that I own one.
Royce

PreviousNext

Return to Rifles