>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Revolvers

Charter Arms Mag Pug Reviews

Classic design and rock-solid reliability. Discuss everything from a vintage Cowboy-action to a snub-nose .38 special.

Charter Arms Mag Pug Reviews

Postby gunnutz » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:24 pm

just picked up my mag pug thursday, havnt shot it yet. will tomarrow. im interested to see how the porting works out.
gunnutz

Postby gunnutz » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:13 pm

i had my first disapointment with a charter revolver! went to shoot my brand new mag pug and the hammer would not remain back on single action, consistantly. to make matters worse, every once in awhile, it wasnt consistant on double action either! on a positive note the 40 rounds i did firewere accurate and the porting make the recoil much less than i expected. my dealer has sent it back to the factory.
gunnutz

Postby maxmcg » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:29 pm

timing is off on double action....fires great for several shots...

then locks up...have to manually spin wheel to get it to fire again...

any clues????
maxmcg

Postby gunnutz » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:34 pm

Just picked up my new pug today, after its second trip back to the factory for the same problem you have. Havnt fired it yet, but will this week. It seems to be OK but ill know after I fire it. My advise to you is send it back to the factory.
gunnutz

Postby gunnutz » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:11 am

My Pug went back to the factory again! This is the 3rd. time, shot 150 rounds, 6x the hammer wouldnt stay back on single action, then when I came home and was in the process of cleanig it the ejector rod fell out, it was broken off!
gunnutz

Postby gunnutz » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:44 pm

I own 5 Charter revolvers, and the only one I had a problem with was the Pug. Must be somthing to do with its design. Any way after three trips to the factory Charter is sending me a new Pug. Thats Thanks to Ashley Ecker, the owners daughter. We will see how that goes. I carry nothing but my Bulldog, over Sigs (2) and S&W (3)....
gunnutz

Postby gunnutz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:55 pm

WOW, thanks for the reply, 342 I think you should send that info to Charter! I have never carried the Pug, in a little over 6 mos. the Pug went back to the factory 3x, I never left my dealers shop, it was; its back, shoot broken back to factory, its back shoot broken, back to factory, its back shoot broken back to factory, then finaly Ms. Ecker said Charter would send me a new gun. Six weeks later a new Mag Pug, I never left the shop; shot 2 rounds cal. 357, ball, cylinder locked. I giggled and fiddled, got it open fired 2 more, same deal, I did this 5 more times, sent it back to Charter, and emailed Ms Ecker that I wanted my money back, I'll see what happens. I trust my Bulldog, its never had a problem, I carry it or my smith air weight, I trust a revolver more than any auto. If for some reason I have to carry a pocket gun I carry my Seecamp cal. .32, its verry dependable and not somthing to threaten with, just shoot em with! Thanks again for your feedback........happy shooootin
gunnutz

Postby gunnutz » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:13 pm

Update on my Charter Pug, after the cylinder lock up deal I sent the gun back again, nthis time stating I wanted a refund and didn't care what they did with the gunb. I received an e-mail back form Ms. Ecker, ststing her dismay over what happened and said "trust me I will correct this situation". Well yesterday my dealer called me and said my "Pug" was back. I went in deceided to try it. The 5 rounds went into the cylinder tightly they fired OK but the star wouldn't extract them, I had to use a brass rod to push them out. On examination, I found the casings were covered in abrasive grit like fine sand, the same material was in the cylinder. I wrote Ms. Ecker, and stated that I could not believe a gun smith of ANY sort would let a gun leave his bench in that condition. I didn't open the gun up to see how the inside looked, but I would guess the stuff is inside also. I'm am going to continue to try to get a refund.
gunnutz

Postby gunnutz » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:48 am

new update on the Pug mess! I mailed a packet of complaint to D. Nickerson Eckaer, President of Charter, which included, previous emails, a head shot of me, empty shell casing, and 2 page letter. All mailed to him return receipt, his signature only, requested. It's not the cost of the gun to me, it's the consideration of the consumer that should be #1 to manufacturers.
gunnutz

Postby MagnumAl » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:20 pm

MagnumAl

Next

Return to Revolvers