>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P232 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Sig Arms P232 Reviews

Postby ShadeWPI » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:07 pm

lI shot this gun with a few friends at a the local range this past weekend. It was accurate and clean firing without a lock-up, jam, stove pipe or misfeed, but a 7 round gun with a short barrel is nothing but a concealled carry gun, and this gun has a number of MAJOR concealed carry problems.

When I looked at the gun, it has two levers on the side, a Decocking lever (thumb) and a disassembly lever (under the forward portion of the slide). The "safety"" is the 10lbs trigger pull on the Double Action first Shot, the slide release is done by racking the slide and the magainze release is a very heavy spring clip on the bottom of the grip.
ShadeWPI

Postby Georgefrompa » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:01 am

Anyone ever see one in 9mm .40 or 357sig??

this page is wrong isnt it?
Georgefrompa

Postby P.Greene » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:05 pm

Iown a Sig P 230 (basically the same pistol) If it fired a 9mm or 40 cal., I wouldnt be within a hundred yards of the person who fired it!! You can bet that I wouldnt shoot it with anything greater than a .380 !!! This is a little pocket pistol..............
P.Greene

Postby sigsauer9 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:15 pm

My wifes wedding present, she loves it and shoots quite well in .380. Not as easy to break down as my p-226, but a fine weapon for smaller hands. No ejection problems experienced
sigsauer9

Postby BoulderLaw » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:53 pm

After about 100 rounds of Remington FMJ and a few clips of Winchester Silvertip HP I am sold. This is a great little gun. Kick is predictably light, accuracy is spot on, feed is smooth and flawless. I put one magazine through as fast as I could without a problem. It also feed the HPs without flinching.

The gun is very comfortable. I had no problem with the slide pinching and my hands did not feel at all crowded on the gun. My hands are large but not thick. The gun is also impeccably balanced with a full magazine, if a little top heavy with the mag empty. I have the Hogue grips, but the stock grips are also nice.

Breakdown and cleaning are very easy. There are some tight spaces, but cleaning is a very straight-forward project.

I am hard-pressed to find anything negative to say about it.

NOTE: My gun is a late model P230SL, almost indistinguishable from the 232.
BoulderLaw

Postby P.Greene » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:33 am

As I stated earlier, I own a P-230. I paid Just under 500 for it and am amazed at th price of the 232. Any ideas as to the inc rease in price? I bought mine just as the 232s were coming out.
P.Greene

Postby Chefjb » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:39 pm

I have a opportunity to get 1 of these P232 380acp. in next to new condition maybe 200 rounds shot out of it. The deal is trading my Bersa Thunder 380acp and $100.00 for it. Is this a good deal on my part ? Anyone know the blue book vaule of the Sig P232 380 acp in new condition ? Let me know please. I think I am getting a steal of a deal. Thanks. Happy Shooting!!
Chefjb

Postby BoulderLaw » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:49 pm

Check gunsamerica.com on the market value - I wouldnt pay more than $450 for a Sig p232.

Also, here is a pertinent review:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Sig% ... 0Bersa.htm
BoulderLaw

Postby LaurenRenee » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:45 am

My dad bought me this gun for my birthday. It is the first handgun Ive had and up until yesterday I had never fired a handgun. He got it for the sole purpose of getting our concealed carry permits which we took over the past two days. Being a very small female I was a little nervous before firing the first round...but once I pulled the trigger I was in love. I did experience a few jams but this is probably due to me not having a firm grip at first. Once I understood how to shoot I didnt have a single problem. Eventually I was firing off 7 rounds in a matter of seconds and didnt miss the target once. I highly recomend this gun to other females or anyone who is new to the world of handguns. I had many opportunities to fire various other guns during our carry class but for my body size I found the larger caliber pistols to be just a little too much for me.
LaurenRenee

Postby P.Greene » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:52 pm

Check the prices on p 232s. They retail for 6 +. street price.

200 rounds wont even come close to breaking one in.

Theyre expensive for a reason. Thats one quality carry gun.
P.Greene

Next

Return to Pistols