>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms SP2022 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Crashbox » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:46 pm

I just bought my SP2022 in .40 S&W yesterday and tried it out on the range a few hours ago. I was impressed by its accuracy out of the box and it has very good trigger feel in my opinion. It is also comfortable to grip and not unpleasant in the least to shoot. Another thing I ***really*** like about this gun is the fact that the barrel fully supports the .40 round, thereby reducing the possibility of a KB (IMO a huge reduction in the possibility!).

When I bought it I asked if there was a inside-the-waistband holster available for it and one of the seasoned sales folks mentioned that the Galco IWB for the Heckler & Koch USP would fit and it works well for me. I do wish there were greater availability of accessories, etc. for this model here in the USA but such is life.

So far I am very pleased with my purchase and would certainly recommend it to those looking for a .40 caliber which I was.
Crashbox

Postby heynow1 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Is sig sauer still going to make the sp2022 .40s&w? Iaske because I didn't see it in their 2010 catalog.
heynow1

Postby danger_diver25 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:36 pm

I see a lot of questions about holsters. Here are my findings on the matter:

Fobus makes a multi-position holster (I own one!) that fits a range of pistols from Springfield XDs to SP2009/2022. Just search cheaperthandirt.com for sig pro holsters and click the link for FOBUS.

Crossbreed Holsters (.com) make IWB and Small-of-the-Back holsters for SP2009/2022, per request. VERY good concealed holsters. The horse-hide is recommended for summer-carry.

I didn't know about the Galco IWB, Crashbox. Thanks for the tip! I did discover, however, that holsters said to fit HK USPs and Springfield XDs will most likely fit the SP2009/2022s. Happy hunting!
danger_diver25

Postby Sig_Sp_2022 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:49 pm

Hey i have a sp2022 in 9mm can you convert to 40? and Where can i find after market parts like heavier recoil spring and such?
Sig_Sp_2022

Postby Razerwire » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:17 am

This is my first pistol and I have to say for the money I spent on it I got a great deal, this shoots accurate, and never once have I had a stoppage or jam, I've used all sorts of different ammo and not a single fault. It looks great fires great what more could you ask for. The downside is the polymer lower but really you'd never know it handles exceptionally well and is precision made.
Razerwire

Postby danger_diver25 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:04 pm

Just modded my SP2022 a little this month. I had been sporting a Crimson Trace Laser-grip for the past year, but I noticed that it never felt quite right in my hand. That, combined with the fact that I could shoot straight without a laser, made it a little too "fluff" for me. Don't get me wrong! Lasers are an excellent accessory for evening/night carry. I'm just confident enough in my shooting to slip on something more "comfortable." I discovered on another forum that with a little effort, you can fit a Hogue "Hand-All" grip on the SP2022. It fits VERY well and sticks to my palm like a magnet. My hand finds the "sweet spot" shooters often talk about every time now. That's a great advantage on a fast draw. Now I only wish they made a Lasermax Guide-Rod laser for the SP2022. Then I could have the best of both worlds! PS - Hey "SIG"! I don't know anything about the 9mm-40 S&W conversion, but I know that you can get heavier springs and metal rods. Just beware! Once you up the weight, you can't go back to lighter loads. You'll have problems. Just FYI.
danger_diver25

Postby Hay2bale » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:54 pm

This is a great pistol. Owned for about a year. It is accurate and totally reliable. The trigger is great. Truly the best bang for the buck, it is as good as Sig's classic P series, at about half the price.
Hay2bale

Postby Zapawaf » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi, I'm looking into the 220 for a concealed carry. This will also be my first handgun. I'm currently deployed and would like to purchase one when I return. I really liked the P226 but I was told it's to bulky for a concealed, and he got a P229, so I'd like to compare. I was looking for advice? I have learned a lot in research and I definitly am going Sig. I'd also prefer a .45 (or .40 sw if need be). Also I'd prefer double stack. Any advice? I'm also open to other models.
Zapawaf

Postby heynow1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Is sig still making this model of handgun or did the p250 replace it?
heynow1

Postby plastics_guy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:47 am

I don't think the 250 replaced it but I know when I bought my 9mm about 2 yrs ago at BassPro it was on clearance because they said Sig had discontinued it. I don't think sales were where they expected to be but then again for Sig, the "pro" platform just seemed to have way to many model numbers.

I like my 9mm and mainly got it for target and practice. If they'd had one at the time I'd have went with a .40 though. But the 9 is cheaper to shoot.

Not sure about a conversion but if you can go 9 to 40 then .357Sig is also in the realm.

I was lucky and a buddy picked me up 4 used mags for $5 a piece at a gun show. All they needed was cleaned up and they've worked perfect. Guess they were some police surplus but talk about a steal!
plastics_guy

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols