>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms SP2022 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Sig Arms SP2022 Reviews

Postby cudman » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:30 pm

I just purchased this Handgun in the .40 S&W and Love it! they are fairly new on the market to my knowledge. It shoots accurate as hell and feels great in the hand. the recoil is not bad at all, and im very happy witht he purchase. it comes with to mags, a case an extra grip and an action lock. I would suggest anyone in the market for a fine .40 to take a good look at this gun. Top notch!
cudman

Postby maddogg » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:00 pm

Well what can I say about this gun? That its as good as it gets. The recoil on the gun is nil. I mean theres a little, but anyone could shoot it and not have a problem. I let my 12 year old son shoot it and he managed to hit the targets. The weight and feel of this gun is awsome. I have a Baby DE .45ACP and that used to be my favorite gun, not anymore. This gun comes with Sig Night Sights standard I belive. If your looking to get yourself a great gun at a decent price this is the one. My SP2022 is chambered in 9mm. On a rating scale of 1 - 10 Id give the gun a 11!
maddogg

Postby Bear » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:41 am

Bear

Postby kizzy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:58 pm

This is my second Sig Pro. (I had a SP2340) I have put close to 1000 rounds through this gun and had 0 problems. I have a HKUSP that is going to just collect dust now that I have this pistol. The size is perfect for a carry gun and it just naturally points well. If you are looking for a very reliable gun, you have to look no further. I agree with maddogg, 11 out of 10!!!!
kizzy

Postby Rage » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:46 pm

This is my first Sig and I could not be happier with the performance it delivers. It is perfect for carry and is easy to shoot. Even shooting dirty ammo like wolf does not affect it preformance. I have put around 1k rounds through it and have had 0 problems. If ur looking for a dependable and easy gun to operate, this is for you. 5/5
Rage

Postby gspspinone » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:09 pm

Just bought it, shot a few boxes of cheap, crappy ammo through it. No issues. Fit and finish is excellent. Comfortable to shoot, accurate. Reliability will have to wait but Im not anticipating a problem.
gspspinone

Postby Sigslinger » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:34 am

Just picked this one up at the Big Reno Show. After I put a few clips through it I knew it was no run of the mill composite body pistol. More accurate than I had hoped. Flawless preformance and a great value.
Sigslinger

Postby cdbruster » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:20 am

Ive been considering a new SP2022. I understand they are extremely reliable and quite accurate. We recenty passed the concealed carry handgun law here in Kansas and Ive been deliberating a good CC Handgun. I am and probably always will be an exponent for Glock Handguns. I would like a CCH that has a first-round double action trigger pull and or a safety. A little leary using the Glock for that reason. I havent been able to locate a CCH holster for the SP2022. Does anyone have any information? Ive checked Galco, Don Hume, Bianchi and several others but havent found a CCH holster for the SP2022.
cdbruster

Postby cdbruster » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:49 pm

I ended up buying the SP2022 as I threatened to do in my last correspondence. I took it to the range and I was quite impressed! Its a Tack Driving little pistol and functioned flawlessly. I noticed after firing (and it may have been this way before) there is a bit of play in the hammer, front to back. The pistol may have been engineered like this. Would someone check their SP2022 and see if the hammer has some play in it front to back (when decocked). Thanks...
cdbruster

Postby Sigslinger » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:11 am

I checked mine and it has the same play too. Im not sure why it was designed that way but at least you know its not just you. Perhaps it keeps pressure off the point of contact at the firing pin. The hammer seems to slap the firing pin when struck and then returns to a relaxed position. I know the gun can be dry fired without damage. Im only speculating. Im no expert. I can tell you Ive fired over 1000 rounds to date with only 1 FTF. (re-load). Just a great pistol. Enjoy and welcome to the SP family.
Sigslinger

Next

Return to Pistols