>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P229 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby sirgilligan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:12 am

Thanks Doriadiver. Yep, Break Free CLP is some good stuff. Try M-Pro 7 for solvent needs!

SirG
sirgilligan

Postby RoughNeck74 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:23 pm

Got my replacement grip screw from SIG..good customer service. They've send me grip screws for P239 instead because they are a little bit longer..problem is they are too long and it sticks out inside the magazine well. Went to local hardware store and bought some appropriate washers ( chose a ruubber one for flexibility)...put a little dab of locktite per Hotrod911 recommendation....BAM!..good as new..seems rock solid.

Will go to the range this weekend to test it.
RoughNeck74

Postby jolow » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:57 pm

Hey SirG!,

Happy to know you are still in the Sig family. Looks like Sig took real good care of you!

Good luck with your beautiful new P229!!
jolow

Postby Sandman-Sig » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:51 am

Best decision ever! I bought my 229 as my first handgun. Never once have I had a single issue. Easy takedown, cleaning and general use. The de-cocker on it is one of my favorite features, and an accidental discharge on the 10 lb. DA is beyond unlikely. Accurate right out of the box! Got mine in .40 S&W and I love the round. Will be a true fan of SIG for life! Had it for a year or so now and cycled over 1000 rounds of different ammo without one failure to feed or jam. A definite recommendation for all.
Sandman-Sig

Postby LPD226 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Looking for someone with experience with both the 229 and 229 elite to justify the extra $$ for the elite. I have zero experience with sigs but will possibly have the choice of carrying my own firearm on duty and like the looks and reviews i've seen on the sigs. Only majors I can see from pics are the grips and beavertail safety but someone please educate me further.
LPD226

Postby cachamelion » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:35 pm

The elite comes with feature like the short reset trigger that will cost you 100$ or so extra on the base model. This is a big plus for a lot of duty carry, gunfight situations. The Elite also comes with Sig night sights included. My guess is you are going to be working at night at times, don't you want sights that are going to help you adapt to those conditions?
cachamelion

Postby Sandman-Sig » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:51 pm

lpd- what cach said is pretty much it. Although you can also get the base 229 with the night sights and the SRT trigger upgrades for a slightly cheaper price than the elite. I personally don't like the longer tail on the elite. You can also find about whatever style grips you like online on ebay or amazon. They aren't cheap but they aren't necessary either. Either way you will be getting an excellent gun that will not disappoint! Good luck!
Sandman-Sig

Postby LPD226 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:38 am

Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback now another question. I have medium to small hands in my opinion. I've seen alot about the grip being bulky. I currently carry the HK usp .40 which I find on the large size for my hands and wouldn't want anything wider than that. Weight is not an issue it's just the bulk of the grip that is the problem. Any experience with the HK to give a comparison. I will be venturing out to put the Sig in my hands to see for myself but just wanted to get a little foresight.
LPD226

Postby cachamelion » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:40 am

I have the same issue. The Sig will not feel too big for your hands. IMHO Sig will be a better all around gun for you in reliability and ergonomics than the HK
cachamelion

Postby LPD226 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Thanks again for the quick reply. Yeah i'm carrying that HK by force not choice. Our department just got a new chief and the policy is being changed to allow us to carry our choice of weapon from a department approved list. I'm leaning really hard toward the sig but I won't be 100% sure until I get my hands on one.
LPD226

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols