>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P226 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby coolram04 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:10 pm

dpenny,

I have the SIG P226 DAK 40S&W, but I will tell you to go window shopping. Go handle each handgun and see which one feels good in your hand. I just don't like Glocks, because alot of them are top heavy, so the weight of the gun isn't well balanced. NOT EVERY GUN FITS EVERY HAND!!!! Also look at different models of each make. Do Your homework as I would put it.
coolram04

Postby dpenny » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Coolram04,

Thanks for the advice I will take that into consideration!
dpenny

Postby SteveAikens » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:01 pm

I recently added a P226 X-Five All Around 9mm. Without question, this is the most accurate handgun I've ever shot or owned. I've been a firearms instructor since 1976, am an NRA Training Counselor and have more than a little experience with handguns. It took a while for me to wrap my head around the cost of this gun. Now that I finally bought one - I'm sorry I didn't "get it" until now. Now I "get it". Little question that you definately get what you pay for in this gun - IMO.
SteveAikens

Postby Longhorn » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:42 pm

I purchased a P226 German 9mm a week ago. Cleaned the gun and mags with Mil Comm MC25 Gun Cleaner and TW25b Gun Grease. This is the cleaner and grease recommended by Sig Sauer. Easy to use and the grease makes the slide feel like its on butter / very smooth. Went to the range today for the first time. First shot hit the bullseye (I should have stopped). The shots were very consistant with a few flyers. This is my first handgun. I shot 30 rounds of Remington UMC 115 gr FMJ, 20 rounds of Winchester Ranger bonded JHP 127gr +P, and 50 rounds of Winchester SXZ9 115 gr FMJ with truncated cone. The 226 has no problem feeding or extracting the different shape bullets, different weight and different pressures. The slide locked open after the last shot each time. The trigger was smooth for a new gun (I shot old / used P226 and CZ SPO1 tactical at the range before my purchase and I was surprised how the new gun felt like the old broken in gun). I really liked the CZ SPO1 tactical, but I had problems with ammo feeding properly and the slide cycling (this issue happened about 3 times). The P226 seems to work regardless of the ammo you put in it. The P226 is not as "soft" as the CZ but it is tame. I'm small framed and have small / medium hands but have no problems with recoil or reaching the trigger. It was a joy to shot and I'm looking forward to more range time. I'm very happy with my purchase!
Longhorn

Postby Aymansharaf » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:56 pm

Dear all

Kindly can any one ad vice me with the details of gun shops in cypres or turkey or UAE which can export gun to egypt for individuals

Thanks

Ayman
Aymansharaf

Postby Bane7212 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:12 am

Bad news. My Tritium nightsight vial fell out of my front site post at some point (haven't noticed till recently). Does anyone have any experience with replacement? I went down to my local weapon shop and the guy told me their gunsmith recommends going through Sig. Has this happens to any other X-Five Tactical owners?
Bane7212

Postby SteveAikens » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:30 am

bane7212 - The advice you got from your local shop was good advice. Unless you/someone changed them, the night sights on that gun are Siglites. I wouldn't change them if I were you and Sig will stand behind them. Ask and they may send you a call tag so it won't cost you anything to send it in to them - at least they should. This is a warranty issue. I haven't heard of it happening to other X-Five owners and in general, it's rare that the vial falls out but it happens.
SteveAikens

Postby MindOfGod » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:53 am

Awesom awesome gun! I have never shot a gun as smooth or as accurate as this one. Its worth every penny considering I use this as my duty pistol. It makes Glock feel like a toy...
MindOfGod

Postby bluesheepdog » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:03 am

Hey guys, new to the site. Looking for some feedback on the X5, thinking of getting one for a duty weapon, and trade out the glock 35. I am a skilled shooter, currently deputy sheriff, and former PMC in iraq for the past 6 years. Kinda looking for the skilled opinions, but I am open to all. And one thing, for opie.. you posted you could get 2 berettas for one sig.. this is true, but if you are using the weapon system for protection. Ask your self this. How much is your life worth?
bluesheepdog

Postby SteveAikens » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:50 am

I would think unless you're considering the X-Five Tactical, the X-Five is a bit heavy for EDC. The Tactical is 35 oz plus ammo - about average for a full size arm. My All Around is the lightest of the rest of the model range otherwise and runs a cool 45 oz plus ammo. The downside to the Tactical is the manual safety [at least for me]. Personally, for duty or EDC, I would stick with the P226 in 357SIG or P229 in 357SIG. The P229 is my EDC - was carrying a P220 but prefer the 357SIG. Not sure what you consider "skilled opinions" but I'm a former deputy, am a training counselor and LE certified instructor since 1976 http://www.nm-ccw.com/. Hope this helps and thank you for your service.
SteveAikens

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols