>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 19 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby MHannie » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:46 am

I attended a Combat Shoot and used a GLOCK 19 for the 1st time. I was hooked. My grouping was excellent, recoil was minimal and the firearm was literally an extention of my hand. Its a fine balance that has been excellently maintained. In CQC (Close Quarters Combat) Rapid Fire conditions, the firearm responded very well. No jams, hic-ups or stove-pipes. I can clearly see why the worlds police forces use a GLOCK as a standard. Now, I am waiting for my Firearm Licence to own mine.
MHannie

Postby pakettle » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:16 pm

Ive had my 9mm Glock 19 for 2 months now,its really a great gun,cleaning it is a snap. I have shot 300 rounds through it,Federal and winchester bulk value packs from Walley World. My wife has shot it to,but says it just has a little to much recoil for her. I bought her a Walther P22,Its not as easy to clean as the Glock is. I only wish Glock came with adjustable sights. Mine seems to be shooting a little low and to the left. But it might just me and not the gun. Time will tell.
pakettle

Postby AkBabyJesus » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:07 am

They make an after market peep sight. It will help to illiminate any uniform inacuracy any of you Glock fans may experience. Also they make a weighted plug for the inside of the grip, to minimize recoil. Im up to 4000+ rnds with my gen 2 glock 19, and no problems so far!!! I love it.
AkBabyJesus

Postby pakettle » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:36 am

For all you Glockers,I found this website called (GLOCKTALK.COM). Its a neat site , check it out.
pakettle

Postby DrDanO » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:50 am

My G 19 was my first pistol I bought for myself, did have a S&W 38 special given to me by my Dad, but the Glock has been a passion to own for some time . When I decided to take my CCW class I broke down and coughed up the $500 for it. This has been about a year ago. I has lived up to all the hype about Glocks and my expectations as well. I dont have any idea how many rounds I have put through it, many hundreds. No failure to anything. Just complete reliability. I looked around for a good concealed carry pistol and bought a PPK/S, Kahr p9, a Kahr PM9, and a Beretta Tomcat. All have been good pistols. The PPK is outstandingly accurate and reliable, but is a .380... not putting it down, I think .380 is a serious round, especially if you are a good shot... The Kahrs are really good guns as well great for carry. The Beretta is good for carry also, no problems at all but it is a .32, I wouldnt want to bet my life on a .32, but I wouldnt want to bet my life on reaching in my pocket in a time of need and find nothing either!.... The Glock is the best of all of them in every way but for concealed carry. I even had an after market safety put on the G19 so I would feel better if I tried carrying it concealed. The safety works fine, but I still cant carry it. So the G19 stays in the house or in the car, the PM9 is favorite carry and the Tomcat goes to my daughter for her purse.... But I just love my G19, its the best shooting most reliable pistol money can buy IMHO.
DrDanO

Postby DrDanO » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:14 pm

DrDanO

Postby pakettle » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:36 pm

Glock does not recommend using reloads. I have went through about 500 rounds in my 9 mm glock. I use Winchester 115 gr. full metal jacket in the 100 round value pack from wallyworld. Federal american eagle is also good, but cost a little more. This is one super gun. When your tired of firing 9mm, order the 22 long rifle conversion kit from Advantagearms.com. I just ordered one,but the company has a 6 to 8 week backlog. There are many good reviews on this kit.
pakettle

Postby armoredman » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:16 pm

I have qualified with the Glock 19 for 5 years now, and still cannot stand its grip angle. Unlike the famous Glock perfection logo, I have had several jam on me, one dropped its magazine with no manipulation of the magazine release, had another jam the slide so bad the armorer had to take it to dismantle and repair. That was simply locking the slide back, not even fireing, no ammo in the weapon.

I believe these are expert guns, for experianced shooters, due to the light trigger and no positive safety, unsafe for untrained or partially trained shooters.
armoredman

Postby pakettle » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:28 pm

The only problem Ive had with my glock is that it keeps running out of ammo!As far as it being unsafe, that gun will not fire until you pull that trigger. Like my range instructor told me, keep your FINGER off that trigger until you want that gun to fire. I have a 22 auto with a external safety,and I always have to look and make sure that safety is on when I load. Now with a Glock you Dont have to look.
pakettle

Postby superman6 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:36 pm

What more can I say. The best 9mm out there. This is my first Glock, and hopefully not my last. Extremely accurate and low recoil. I really had a great time on first range visit. Really felt great with Scherer mag extension, and rubber grip. A good idea one guy gave me was to use a rubber bike inter- tube as a grip. Let me tell you, it works.

Great gun. Would recommend to anyone.
superman6

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols