>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 17 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby JmzGaming » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:01 am

The Glock 17 was my first pistol. I love everything about this gun except the way it feels in my hand. I tend to prefer the 1911 grip angle, personal preference, but nonetheless a terrific handgun... reliable, durable, cost efficient, high capacity, good stopping power (use high performance self defense rounds like corbon +p's and you'll have plenty of stopping power with a 9mm). This is my go-to handgun if SHTF.
JmzGaming

Postby Idlethyme » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:47 pm

Gents, How is the recoil on a Glock 17 compared to a full-sized, 9mm, Px4 Storm, both with loaded 17-round magazines? Which has the better feel in-hand? Which is less glitchy?
Idlethyme

Postby boscoman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:34 pm

I have a 1st gen 17, 2nd generation 19 & a 3rd generation 21SF, & find myself always going to my 25 yr old Glock 17. Great handgun & even better company. Glock has rebuilt the pistol twice free of charge for me, the last time just a year ago. Gotta love a company that stands behind it's products like that.
boscoman

Postby AZBaron » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Idlethyme's question comparing the 17 with the PX4 Storm - I own a Glock 17 and have fired a PX4 a few times. I like the PX4 very much. It's accurate and I like the feel in my hand, but I like the Glock a bit more. It's more a matter of personal preference. Recently took a defensive pistol class and the instructors said that they have seen many students using the PX4 literally tearing up their hands by the end of the day manipulating the PX4 controls (slide, slide stop, decocker), so you have to consider what purpose you want a particular pistol for. The Glock 17 holds lots of ammo, is simple to operate, is accurate, and extremely reliable. That is why it is my daily carry pistol and not the PX4. The Beretta is also a bit chunky, thus not as preferable for daily CCW. If you want a pistol for home defense or to take to the range on occassion, the Beretta will do the job just fine.
AZBaron

Postby snke_doctr » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:29 pm

The Glock 17, one of my favorite pistols. Glocks in general are fantastic, reliable, dependable - so the fact they're made in Austria led me to purchase the Steyr M9-A1 9x19, also made there. It's Glock-like in a few respects & shooting them together for comparison is alot of fun. Has anyone had a similar experience?

In short, Austria makes some really great weapons!!
snke_doctr

Previous

Return to Pistols