>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 17 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby nefprotector » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:47 am

Great handgun but over priced and over hyped. I mean dont fall for this gun never fails hype. It's a machine or tool. It can fail; as all machines and tools do from time to time. You are paying for the Glock name that's about it. If not prove me wrong.
nefprotector

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 pm

I'm not sure what to make of your comment! It doesn't make much sense considering the +4 rating you gave it and then went out of your way to trash it. You need to back up your story if you want any of us to even consider it. Of course you're probably on the wrong website to be trashing a Glock. Walk cautiously and make sense next time. I've owned Glocks for decades and find them to be everything they are sworn to be. They're excellent, totally reliable semi auto's that I would be more than happy to put up against anything you have or will ever own. Aside from that, welcome to the forum...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby pakettle » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:51 am

Well, lets see my first glock 26 I put 3000 rounds through it plus 11000 rounds of 22s with the AA kit, no malfunctions.

Second glock 19 I had, no malfunctions with 5000 rounds through it.I now have a 17 with 2500 rounds through it, also have an AA kit I use with it. The 17 did come with a gritty trigger but the dealer replaced it..Now this 17 cost me 465.00 out the door. Many of our club members shoot a lot more expensive guns then glocks and some have their share of misfires and jams. I did have a Ruger SR9 that gave me all kinds of problems, thats why I traded it for the Glock17.
pakettle

Postby Tape » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:23 pm

It's a safe queen, never fired. a law enforcement Gen4 comes with 3 17 round mags and the usual items that comes with glocks.
Tape

Postby warren_borg » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:01 pm

Hello Everybody, I don't own a Glock, yet, someday soon. I was reading a few disgruntled comments below and even though I don't own one, I'm 100% sure that the Glock 17 is one of the best.

I just finished reading an article written by a "Chuck Taylor" in the "Combat Handguns" magazine. He preformed a "torture" test on a Glock 17. To sum it up, through the 20 years of service, carry and range time, he had put through an astounding 277,000 rounds of ammunition. Wow! The only problems he faced were, replaced the sights once, (after 10 years of service) from wear in and out of the holster and he replaced the trigger pin because it broke. But after all those rounds, that is all he had to do to it.

That just amazes me. He's going for 300,000 rouinds, and he'll keep carrying and shooting his Glock.

In my book, if a firearm can shoot upward of 10, 20,000 rounds, that's amazing, but to go through 277,000, I can't believe it! So from now on, if somebody says something bad about the Glock 17, and I'm sure that quality goes for all Glocks, that I will be very skepitcal. Granted, not every single pistol produced will be "perfect" I'm sure, however with a story like that, how does one not fall in love with Glock!
warren_borg

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi Warren, I know of Chuck Taylor and he's very good IMO. He's got more time behind a hammer than most people will ever dream of. While I've never spoken to someone that has that many rounds through their Glock, I know some that have half that amount anyway! Still, a huge number and it does provide an indication of how well built these "Plastic" guns are made but how long you can expect them to hold up after a staggering amount of use! In my time I haven't heard too many negative remarks about any Glock. Those I have, are left by people that don't like their looks for whatever reason, don't believe "Plastic" guns can possibly be better than a steel handgun or have neither owned one or shot one. I feel anyone that doesn't own at least one Glock is missing out on something pretty special. At least in my opinion!!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Arlyss » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:36 pm

I have a glock-17 for almost two years ,I have been fire 2000 rounds without a single misfire , this is the most reliable gun that i ever fire.
Arlyss

Postby rioblaze » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:17 pm

Just got my 3rd Glock. It's the Glock 17 gen 4. I love it as with all my guns. I carry a Taurus 85 SS and a Glock 31 with Crimson Trace Laser grips. It is very accurate and powerful.

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. Can I use my Glock magazines interchangablely? I have 40 cal and the 357 sig mags, and I want to know if I can use them with 9mm shells in the Glock 17 gen 4?

Thanks in for all the info I read here.

Rio
rioblaze

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:55 pm

Yes, you should be able to use your .40 and .357 mags with 9mm, but not the other way around.

tigwelder56

Postby rioblaze » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm

Thanks for the response. Happy New Year to you sir.

Rio
rioblaze

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols