>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 17 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Glock 17 Reviews

Postby SPRAZZO » Tue May 09, 2006 11:38 pm

JUST PURCHASED THIS GUN LAST WEEK AND HAVE TO SAY ITS ONE OF THE BEST 9MMS I HAVE EVER SHOT.I HAVE OWNED TAURUS 24/7,UZI BABY EAGLE,KEL-TEC,& THE TAURUS MILLENIUM PRO.HAVE TO SAY I WAS NOT A BELIEVER TILL I BOUGHT ONE FOR MYSELF.
SPRAZZO

Postby Mwuagi » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:47 pm

Excellent pistol! When I first saw one back in 1987, I thought that it was the ugliest thing Ive ever seen! After holding it and pointing it, I changed my mind... I bought mine in May 1988, and it is still going strong after 1000s of rounds down range... It is still highly accurate, and I am amazed at how reliable it remains to this day...
Mwuagi

Postby sliperywhenwet » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:55 pm

I like em, shoot great feel great and the are a great price, I reckon they are the most innovative and cool bit of gear out there , the are like the DYSON VACUMN of the pistol world!!
sliperywhenwet

Postby jpjones » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:51 pm

The Glock 17 is outstanding. Its accuracy is by far the best; however, Ive replaced the stock/plastics sights with AmeriGlo night sight. The trigger pull is smooth as silk all the way through, which definitely plays a role. The pistol is quick and easy to dis/assembly and clean. Nonetheless, I do have the occasional miss feed or jams but these are far and few between. Bottom-line, this is an excellent pistol.
jpjones

Postby JJHamilton » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:39 pm

This is the glock that made me a glock shooter....excellent ergonomics the flat top helps place the sights quickly on target..simple use point a shoot tatical concept, nightsights on all my glock from factory shine bright and constant when the lights go out...my glocks have been put in brutal brutal conditions from constant concealment to West Virgina atv riding..dust, mud, rain, everthing not a scratch, no faliures....what can i say....... GLOCK!
JJHamilton

Postby popo » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:21 pm

A year ago our department stopped letting us carry what we want and standerized to the Glock 17. I was pretty pissed at first. The gun is ugly and I thought How reliable can a plastic gun be. To prove my point I took one and shoot it every day during lunch without cleaning it afterwards trying to get it to malfunction. After a few months and over 3000 rounds I gave up. It was so dirty that crap would fall out of it when you picked it up. This gun will ALWAYS go bang if you pull the trigger. This experiment converted me to a Glock person. What gun do you know can fire over 3000 rounds without cleaning and still be as re;liable as the day it was taken out of the box?
popo

Postby pacumbo » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:03 am

just got a glock17c and it jammed on me twice! the first one was 200rounds and the second was 800rounds. ive been using winchester 115 jhp! anybody got suggestions for better ammo?
pacumbo

Postby popo » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:29 pm

Suprised to her that pacumbo. It should be able to shoot any thing you put it it even the cheap crap. At least thats been my experience. But mine is a generation 1 maybe thats changed with newer gens.
popo

Postby manofsteel » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:46 pm

great gun.......
manofsteel

Postby _Blitz » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:57 pm

I traded a taurus compact, for a 17 tht was in almost new condition. The glock was missing the front site, besides tht I figure I got the better end of the deal. My compact had seen 5 boxes of ammo easy, was not a scratch on or in the 17. The comfort grip on the glock was worth the trade alone....Only problem was getting used to the balance of the 17, like all semi autos the weight is focused in the back when loaded, it is just a little more prominent with a glock.
_Blitz

Next

Return to Pistols