>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 30 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby bazzo76 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:03 pm

Great firearm! One of, if not THE, most accurate glock. I have no problems loading a 10 round mag into the well with one in.the pipe. Just needs a little slap to seat it properly. Good accessory selection and the surefire x300 snaps on to the rails with no problems.
bazzo76

Postby BigDog58 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:50 am

Hi all, I have a question, rather than a review. I have a new 30 with 10 rd. mags. However, I'm unable to get 10 rds. loaded into the mags. At most, I get 9 + 1 in bbl.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've tried loading combinations of 230 gr. ball, and/or 185 JHP and never more than nine rounds, and even then, the slide is very hard to operate. It acts like I'm trying to "Overload" it and binds up?
BigDog58

Postby BillB » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:45 am

I suggest you invest $30 or so in an UpLULA Universal Loader. It will make it easier to fully load your G30 mags, and it will also work with just about every pistol from .380 to .45ACP. Disassemble your G30 mags, apply a light coat of Rem Oil to the interior and spring of each, reassemble them, load each with 10 rounds, and let them sit - loaded - for about two weeks. This will break in the springs and make the mags a lot friendlier. The UpLULA will also save your thumbs, especially if you fire often.
BillB

Postby g4l » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:40 am

Yes, this is common with new G30 magazines. You should be able to fill the mag with the loader Glock provides with the pistol; place the mag on a table, then press down with some force. As BillB said, let them sit for awhile to break in.

Instead of loading the mag before operating the slide, lock the slide back first.
g4l

Postby BigDog58 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:42 am

Thanks for the info and suggestions. I've tried every way possible and I am still unable to get the 10th round in the mag. The rear of the bullets compress low enough to insert the round, but the bullets in the mag, poke up in the front and won't allow full insertion of the 10th rnd. I've even had someone help and try to force the front of the rounds down, while I compressed the rear and tried to insert the last round.

It also appears that the "window" that displays the 10th rd. is not allowing them to stagger properly. I see the 9th perfectly in the window, but at no time am I ever able to see anything even attempting to fill #10s window. It's not just one mag either. Both are acting the same way.

Is it possible that I'm having this problem because the cases are Steel and not brass? They are Hornady 185gr. XTP (Steel casing) and the 230gr. are FMJ with brass cases? I'm to the point that I believe these mags are defective and considering contacting Glock for help.
BigDog58

Postby g4l » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:19 pm

The mags are not defective, this is normal. As the spring wears in, some of the case will become visible, You'll be able to see just the edge of the 10th round in the window. Just load up 9 rounds until they break in.

Have You shot the pistol yet?
g4l

Postby BigDog58 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:52 pm

Thanks I'll try leaving 9 in for a couple of weeks. I have not shot it yet. After letting the mags sit with 9 rds, I'll post back and let you know if it helped.
BigDog58

Postby chopper648 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:21 pm

I shot my new glock 30 for the first time yesterday. I must say i was disappointed with the way the rounds hit the target, down and to the left. Is that normal for the 30? I was sure I was a better shot than that.
chopper648

Postby malachi780 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:34 pm

I am having loading problems with my mags. I just recently bought the pistol used. It has about 50 rounds through it right now. I loaded the mag with all 10 rounds and, with the breach closed, it would not ram the mag home. I had to force it to catch. Has anyone else experienced this problem and know a good way to fix it without just loading 9 rounds in the gun.
malachi780

Postby BillB » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:51 pm

The loader that Glock provides with their pistols is useless at best. I recommend that you purchase an UpLULA Universal Pistol Loader. It will handle just about every pistol from .380 to .45, save your fingers and thumbs, and let you load magazines at about 1 round per second. For getting ten rounds into the mags I recommend that you dismantle the mags, apply a very light coating of RemOil to the insides and the springs, then reassemble them and load each with ten rounds (or nine if that's all you can squeeze in). Let the loaded mags sit for about ten days, and then try loading them again. This usually tames the spring tension a bit and makes loading a full ten rounds a lot easier.
BillB

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols