>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kimber CDP Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby wwaldok » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:41 am

Levelcross: I bought a FIST Kydex holster a couple of years ago, it was #K7-KYDEX IWB INTERCHANGABLE AND CANTABLE and I got the split J-hook for belt attachment. It is a great holster. My Ultra CDP2 stays holstered while I do a handstand. I don't 'tuck' since I wear camp or operator type shirts with a squared shirttail and always out rather than tucker in. They do make a tuckable model, too, if that's your interest. I usually wear mine at position 10:30 or 11:00 O'Clock for a right handed cross draw. I'm overweight and that position seems perfect for me when sitting behind the wheel of a car or walking up to the local ATM. One issue though, back when I ordered there was a 5 to 7 week waiting period...they were not inventory items but rather made-to-order. For me, it was well worth the wait. Here's the website, study their ordering instructions: http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/default.htm
wwaldok

Postby LevelCross » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:14 pm

wwaldok, thanks for the site, these are nice holsters, I make one that is similar to the Crossbreed and have just finished one for my Kimber. I carry at 3:00-4:00 and wear the same square tailed shirts if I can, but the tuck feature is nice for the more dressed up occasions with out a jacket. I was worried about how the finish would hold up but I think it will do just fine.

I went to the range yesterday to run some lead down range and my CDP II did fine, much better than I expected for a new gun. One mag didn't lock back on the final round one time but after that no problems at all. I put a 150 rounds through it and then cleaned it up again and am planning on getting to the range again by Friday to run another 200 rounds. I had to think long and hard to spend this amount of money on one pistol but I am glad that I did now. So far it's all smiles but still too early to give an honest rating so I will post again on the results.
LevelCross

Postby LevelCross » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Now that the round count is upward of 500, I have to say I am still loving my new Kimber. It has been flawless in every way. Accuracy is great, no FTF, FTE or stove pipes at all. I was told that 500 rounds down range was the required break in, and it seems to shoot a little better but this may be due to my getting accustomed to the gun. I am replacing the return spring this weekend and after that my CDP will become a new carry weapon. I never thought that I would love a gun this much, so far worth every penny and the looks from the wife too.
LevelCross

Postby LevelCross » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:49 pm

After another trip to the range I am willing to rate this Kimber CDP. I have to give it a 5 out of 5. It took a lot of time to get my grip and trigger press down, as I was shooting something entirely different that a 1911. Now the accuracy is where it needs to be and the reliability has been there from round one. My wife is asking for it now as she likes shooting it as much as I do.

This means a new 1911 for me =).
LevelCross

Previous

Return to Pistols