>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kimber CDP Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby girphoto » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:37 pm

Any one looking for new grips in Sambar Stag, look at this site:

http://spresserknifeworks.itgo.com

I ordered a set for my Kimber CDP 45 3" and already have a set on my SIG 238.

Prices are great!

Happy New Year to ALL
girphoto

Postby Windward45acp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:42 am

Kimber Ultra CDP II 45 acp

Just bought this gun for my birthday and have shot 200 rounds through it. Had a few extraction issues but cleaned the gun really good and found a small bur on the extractor. Filed it off. Seems to work good now.
Windward45acp

Postby girphoto » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:48 am

Hi Windward45acp, You will find that the more you shoot your CDP II the better it gets. I now have about 900 rd's or so through mine and it works with any thing that I feed it. I changed my grips about three time now (have a small hand) and have settled on the Hogue finger groove grip in Cocobolo. (see photo 3 above). carry round is Hornady TAP in a Wilson mag.(find the spring are better than the KIMBER mag's. I will changing springs soon and have purchased my Springs from Wolf ($8.95 set).

Currently using the Sam Andrews easy on/off Holster (not sure of his actual name) from Sam Andrews leather.

Enjoy you new gun and happy shooting.
girphoto

Postby Windward45acp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:21 pm

girphoto - How does that grip feel? Thanks for the good information. I will have to try those Wilson mags. They are pricey. I guess the best always is though.
Windward45acp

Postby girphoto » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:35 pm

The grips Are great. They fit the hand with no modification .

I also have the same grips on my kimber pro aegis . They are a littme pricey but well worth it. The mags are the best I have tried so far. I am having tripp research make some 9mm mags for my Para Carry 9.

If I like them I will have some made for my Kimbers.

They go fir about $32.00 each but discounted if you buy more ( trippresearch).

Good shooting

Gary
girphoto

Postby Windward45acp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Gary, What do you recommend on the Tripp Research mags, hybrid follower or metal flex follower?

What length do I need for my Ultra CDP II? Officers or Government grip length?

Thanks for your help. Brent
Windward45acp

Postby girphoto » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi

the ultra takes the officer model. But if you give them a call and talk to Vern, he is mire than willing to spend time with you and answer any questions. The mags that he is making for me will have metal followers nut the Wilson mag's have a

composit follower.

Tell him that I suggested that you give him a call.

Any other questions, ask away.

Gary
girphoto

Postby keyman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:13 pm

This week I put the 1175th round through my CDP II, with not a single problem till yet. The new Hogue Cocobolo grip made it feel great, and I don't think you could ask for a more beautiful gun. This three inch barrel, 9mm gun is as fine a weapon as you could ever expect to have. Dependability is AAA plus. It just doesn't mess up. The higher price is well worth it, considering how accurate and dependable it is.
keyman

Postby girphoto » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi keynan

glad the grips worked put for you

post a photo when you get a chance .

Gave my aegis pro a workout this afternoon. And along withy be para carry 9.

Talk to u soon

happy shooting

Gary
girphoto

Postby 2ndAmendment_supporter » Thu May 20, 2010 10:10 am

I shot the Ultra CDP II (45 ACP) the other day. Amazing weapon, dead on acurate. For a 45 it weighs 27 ounces with an empty clip.. I have been searching for Springfeild Micro Compact 45 ACP but you just can't find them, unless you have a friend the will let you barrow one to do a side by side shoot. I used Winchester acp FMJ 115 gr rounds for this and put two clips down range with each weapon. The kimber shot exactly where I pointed it, the springfield hits about 3-4 inches lower at 15 yrds. I was able to adjust after the second shot. I liked the Kimber because I did not have to adjust how I shot, not to mention I can find and buy one today. Well later this week anyway!
2ndAmendment_supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols