>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kimber CDP Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby keyman » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:10 pm

Hey, Tig . . . in all this time of thinking that the Kimber mags could not be dismantled to be cleaned, I was reading the Colt Instruction Manual and it explains it very plainly. It is not difficult to do, so I cleaned seven mags in about an hours time.

A piece of cake when you take it one step at a time ! ! !
keyman

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:40 pm

Great! I've got a half dozen or so that you're welcome to clean for me, lol! What kind of shape were yours in after you got them apart? Did you try the GunScrubber method?
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby keyman » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:23 pm

If you dismantle the mags according to the instructions, the Gun Scrubber is not necessary. The mags that I cleaned were not too dirty. Just put a 3" square cloth on the end of a cleaning rod, run it through the mag a few times, and just watch the powder come out on the rag.

I've just returned from a gun show here in Mesquite, and as we mentioned the other day about the difference in Kimber 9mm cost and 45 cal, I couldn't find any 9mm 1911s, but the price on some of the Kimbers has dropped to $765. I take it back about not finding a 9mm. There was one that was nickle plated, had all kinds of serrations on the front and back of the grip w/a beautiful tan colored wooden grip. $1300.00

I found a Hogue Grip and two more 1911 mags that fit my Kimbers and Colt. Can't wait to get to the range next week and fire that Colt w/the Hogue grip. Life is good, isn't it ? ?

Five big bullets for the fantastic CDP II. My, what a good gun.
keyman

Postby keyman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:46 am

OK, Tig . . . send 'em to me. I'll clean 'em and ship 'em right back, all at the every day low price of zero. Can't beat a deal like that.
keyman

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:50 pm

You da' Man!! Kimber has a real friend in you and so do I. Thank you Buddy!!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Lrose51 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Hey Keyman!

How can the rest of us 10,000 Kimber owners get in on that most generous offer of yours? Can' beat FREE! Just kidding, it really isn't that hard to take the mags down and clean them once you do it a couple of times and they learn who the master is! It is also a good time to check the spring and other parts for wear.
Lrose51

Postby keyman » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:31 pm

You're right, Irose . . . after a couple of times, it's a piece of cake ! ! !
keyman

Postby keyman » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:08 pm

I've just noticed the ratings at the left of the message. What's the deal on that ? ?
keyman

Postby Lrose51 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:36 pm

If you get a high enough rating, it qualifies you to get tons of junk mail that you don't want and a nice Christmas card.
Lrose51

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Can we please get this back on topic? The Off Topic Chatter thread is better suited for this type of discussion. Thanks!

tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols