>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kimber Eclipse Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Rivers2k » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:39 am

Does Anyone know of were or if it is at all possible/legal to get Ammo over the internet? I just went to pick up a box of .45ACP ammo and it was $27 for a box of 50. It jumped $11 in 2 months! another few months I will have to take out a mortgage to go shooting and I thought gas was bad.

So I am looking for a place where I could possibly order by the case at a "reasonable" price any info would be much appreciated, thanks.
Rivers2k

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:44 am

Legal, yes assuming your 21 for handgun ammunition. I use ammobank.com Tigwelder56 knows some good sites and finds alot of good deals, you might contact him for more information.
beltbuckle

Postby poloblue » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:48 pm

I have the Custom Eclipse II, My only complete is the price of 45 ammo. That still dosen't stop me from hitting the range, because the gun is truely a pleasure to shoot and is pretty easy on the eyes too! I diid alot of research before purchasing this 1911 and if you've got the extra coin go for it, I couldn't be happier!
poloblue

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:07 pm

I don't think Kimber manufactures any firearm that isn't top of the line. They're quite particular about ammunition and require a thorough break in period. Once accomplished you'll have something very special and if you ask Kimber owners, they're worth their weight in gold. A testament to their value can be made with a question. How many used Kimbers have you seen on dealer shelves?
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby E-7 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:11 pm

I just acquired a Kimber Eclipse Five inch in 10MM, It runs like a Chevy small block and it's dead on. Like all ammo 10MM is high in price and sometimes hard to find, but I have a good stock pile of ammo, for right now. Get the ammo while you can guys.
E-7

Postby g4l » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:53 pm

I just added the Eclipse pro-carry to My collection today! Aside from it's great looks, it ran around 250 rounds from an assortment of Taurus Hex, Federal tac-bonded, Ranger T, and regular fmj's perfectly. I was also feeding it some spent-casings so I could practice tap & racks (I alternated live rounds with empty shells), and it fed the empties quite well too!lol The checkering & grip almost glue themselves to My hand, and of coarse the gun boasts the accuracy Kimber is known for. Another Kimber = another 5 bullet rating!

I'd just like to add My disappointment for the SIS model, from looking at it on the net I couldn't figure out how I felt, especially with the serrations, they look more like a lousy marketing technique rather then a performance feature. I played with one at the shop today and can honestly say it's one Kimber I can do without. The serrations SUCK and the finish is way too slippery for a serious defense gun.
g4l

Postby Rivers2k » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:06 am

Congrats on your new purchase. I still love my Eclipse as much as the first day I bought it. It is my main go to gun. I am thinking about getting the Eclipse ultra for a carry because I am so impressed with the full sized. But I may just go with the RCP. But I don't have to make my decision right away since they are both $1200.00.

I agree with your feeling about the SIS I thought when I saw it online it was pretty cool for a marketing gimmick but then I handled it and it was so slippery I had the hardest time racking it back the whole gun was way to slippery.
Rivers2k

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:09 am

Glocks, you have too much money, lol! I just want to let you know that your good fortune brings tears to my eyes every time you buy a new gun! What did you tell your girlfriend this time? You've either flipped her or better make sure she never finds the address of this website >>>GRIN<<
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby g4l » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:50 pm

No kids, Tig! Got the girlfriend to admit how pretty it is...after the initial freak-out!

Rivers; My vote's for the Ultra, I can't get into the look or features (lack-of) on the RCP. Kimber may have discontinued that model, but I'm not 100%.
g4l

Postby g4l » Sun May 10, 2009 6:05 pm

I have about 6-700 rounds through, no problems. I really like carrying this pistol, the shorter barrel makes for quicker draws from iwb carry, and I shoot it just as well as the full size. I swapped out the slide-stop and extractor with Wilson Combat "bullet-proof" parts for the hell of it, the gun functions perfect with them. I'm also experimenting with Wilson's "Ultima-lube" grease on this gun. I applied it the other day and hope to get back to the range soon, (unfortunately they're having only sporadic shipments of target ammo now). I'll probably change the recoil spring after the next trip also, since Kimber recommends a swap in the pro-carries around every 700 rounds.
g4l

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols