>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kimber Eclipse Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby jdeangelis99 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:12 am

First off "Kimbersux"..Watch the name calling.You must respect everyones views on this topic.If you disagree with them do not bash them. That is immature. 2nd I have a Kimber Custom 2 and I never had a problem with it.Great gun.. I can post a topic on any gun and your going to get people hating them. People hate glocks and I love glocks great gun never had problems with them but some have. Kimersux you have a poor attitude watch your remarks
jdeangelis99

Postby S&W910 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:50 pm

This is the second Topic i've seen so far where he's bashed the same Gun wonder if he/she is a little full of themselves ???? OK maybe Sucks got a bad gun but i'll bet the first thing he did when he got it was not to field strip it and clean it like you're supposed to do with ANY Firearm. Honestly i'd Own a Kimber, still love my SW don't get me wrong but honestly there's never been a problem with ANY Firearm that i've owned that i myself Couldn't fix.
S&W910

Postby Orion0864 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:30 pm

Follow up to previous post:

I got my Kimber back from their repair shop with a new hammer (free of charge, I didn't even pay shipping). However, I have yet to bring it to the range because the range closest to me burnt down. The other ranges in the area are either 2hrs away or the building is falling apart. So no comment on how it's functioning now.

As for "kimbersucks." He is entitled to his opinion. Being a police officer he relies on his side-arm for protection for himself and citizens. If he got a "lemon" he has every right to be upset. If his posts have been rude and derrogatory towards other posters I won't defend that. Further, if he is an officer as he claims to be I'm sure he cleaned the gun before he fired it.
Orion0864

Postby S&W910 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:05 pm

Orion he doesn't act like a cop, if he was he'd rely honestly on a department firearm there area very few areas that will let you use a personal weapon in the job due to the fact that they in most cases can't bond it or insure it.

Most departments use Sigs some Berettas, A helluva lot of Glocks, some colts and some kimbers, Springfields and quite a few others for the main course. Point is this he's a very young person by his postings as for him being a peace officer i'd say honestly he's more likely to work in a prison in Cali. the Prison Officers there are considered peace officers but not many are worth a damn
S&W910

Postby S&W910 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:06 pm

by the way E-7 isn't there a Ordinance in Houston against so many weapons? lmfao i'm joking i live here in Houston as well
S&W910

Postby WNCAPTAIN » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:21 pm

E-7

Seems you have me confused with someone else. Try reading my post again and pay a little more attention to detail.

Regards

WNCAPTAIN
WNCAPTAIN

Postby theolman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:02 am

I may be nuts here, but could the FTF problems of smaller barrel Kimbers be partly caused by ammo that does not maintain a certain diameter to allow it to feed properly. Kimber does tout tight tolerances. Back when I reloaded for my .222 for varmint hunting, I was concerned about casing length and diameter. I just purchased a new Kimber Tactical Pro II on 9/11. I went thru a box of 50 Rem UHC FMJ without a hitch. No FTF's no FTE's. I then purchased at the range a box of PMC Bronze 230gr FMJ.

I could get them to feed on racking the slide but not one would feed on the second round. I measured the unfired casing diameters against the Rem's and they were tapered and anywhere from .002 to .004 larger than the Rem's front to back.

Maybe poor quality ammo has a lot to do with problems. When I had my Beretta .380, I learned it liked a certain Fiochi ammo best of all. Though my S&W .40 did'nt give a hoot. It was kind of sloppy anyways.

I just think that Kimber may take finding that just right diet and then sticking to it even if it's steak and not weenies.
theolman

Postby E-7 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:51 am

''wncaptain'' of Montana, sir my post was directed at ''kimbersucks'' of California. Thats why it starts out with his name. Had I been refering to you. Then I would have used your name. So I hope this clears up any confusion you seem to have over my posting. I mean really, talk about not paying attention to detail? Your name appears no were in my post. So be assured that it was not directed at you. Have a nice day.......... E7
E-7

Postby WNCAPTAIN » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:58 am

e-7

Your back peddling post was mediocre at best. Again, read the post and concentrate as you continue to work on your Kimbers.

Regards.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when your stupid" The Duke
WNCAPTAIN

Postby Rivers2k » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:22 pm

So I have put about another 1,000 rounds through my kimber since my last post. And I still love it!!! my absolute favorite gun to shoot, that is including some of the toys I shot when I was in the Marines.

Only one downfall and it isn't the guns fault. I have spent more on ammo as I have on the gun its self. .45 cal rounds are getting really expensive. But hey its totally worth it.
Rivers2k

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols