>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kimber Custom Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby WITGUY » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:51 am

I consider the trigger safety and the back strap safety to be a joke because they are so easily bypassed without any thought. Don't get me wrong I own XD's and carry them. When I am not required to use the M9, I would and do carry them. I think we all can agree that the trigger safety's are more of a manufacturers way of having a safety that enables a draw and shoot better than the M9 (just to name one). It will never stop me from owning it but I know that the real safety is between the ears :)
WITGUY

Postby NyPyro0137 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:01 pm

So i am hoping to be a proud owner of my first handgun.. a kimber ultra carry 2....within the next week or so. I am wondering what is recommended for a break in ammo? and about how many rounds?

From Frozen Upstate NY

NyPyro0137
NyPyro0137

Postby electricman4759 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Once again I have to agree with you WIYGUY, the real safety for any firearm is the safety between you shoulders. Have fun with your firearms but remember they are an extention you, shoot safely.
electricman4759

Postby PBL » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Just received my Kimber Ultra Carry ll. Best pistol I think I have ever owned. The action is clean, fast and practically no recoil felt at all. Fires smoother than my Browning .380. They say it takes about 500 rounds to truly break it in. I have no problem with that. A real treat and perfect conceal weapon.
PBL

Postby djr2502 » Wed May 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Is accuracy a given with the Kimber. None of these posts talk about accuracy?
djr2502

Postby WITGUY » Wed May 18, 2011 7:03 pm

djr2502...I found my kimber to be accurate. mechanically they are very accurate, in most cases I am sure more accurate than the shooter can manage. In comparisons mechanical accuracy is all that matters. I am not sure what kimber claims theirs to be. I think Ed Brown claims 1 inch at 25 yards.
WITGUY

Postby Boltrain » Sat May 21, 2011 10:38 am

Just cycled a couple hundred rounds through my spankin new Stainless II. I really like the extra heft in the full size version of this pistol, makes it very easy to keep on target, recoil is minimal.

Just to reiterate what others have posted before because I found it very helpful. The only time that this pistol malfunctioned was a feeding issue from the stock Kimber mag. If you plan on buying a Cust II or any of the like, you should definately invest in an aftermarket mag and your feeding issue will be resolved. When you purchase the pistol NIB, it only comes with one mag, anyways.
Boltrain

Postby elderair » Sat May 21, 2011 11:58 pm

Just completed my CCW class with my UC II and I thoroughly enjoyed the day. Good information and when it came time to shoot we had to qualify with a revolver and a semi-auto. Just good fun there and no problems at the scant 7 yds that they require in Mo. basically point and let her rip. New clip, repeat, so on. I have almost 400 rds through my UC and have found that there are a couple brands of ammo that it wont feed 100% with. PPU is one of them and the Fiochi (boxed as Herters brass) with the small primers is another. Walmart Winchester boxes of 100 fire well as do the Herters steel case. I have Gold Dot loaded in my Stainless Clip for real emergencies!
elderair

Postby tzfisher » Wed May 25, 2011 10:06 am

Interested in Kimber Ultra CDP II .40 cal. Shot one on the range with a friend. Kimber do not carry them on their website, only in .45 ACP. Was there anything wrong with this gun for them to discontinue it? Need your help
tzfisher

Postby robalan » Wed May 25, 2011 4:41 pm

I have not heard anything bad about the 40. Maybe others can say something about it. The 45 is so smooth and accurate I bet people figure why buy a 40 if I can hit the target with a 45. The 40 is probably great too, just no demand for it.
robalan

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols