>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kel-Tec P-32 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Glenmo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:32 pm

I have found Glaser & new Power ball Ammo works great in autos.Power-ball is a hollowpoint with a plastic ball in tip to give reliable feeding of FMJ & expands when it hits soft tissue .Some older .32 Kel-Tec,s like mine need a magazine kit to be able to feed Hollow-points ,so you dont experience "RIM-LOCK" in the magazines preventing feeding.With powerball ammo you wont need that kit...
Glenmo

Postby bill1746 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:56 pm

I bought P-32 and I have put 200 rounds through it without a problem.

It is a good light gun to carry and I can hit a three inch ring at fifteen yard with no problem. Most of my other guns are Ruger. This close to the Ruger LCP but for a lot less money. You should clean and oil the gun when you first get it then after each time you fire it and it will last a long time.
bill1746

Postby Glenmo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:28 pm

AGAIN !!After you buy a kel tec put 300 rounds F.M.J. "hardball" if you keep having any hang-ups ship it back to KEL-TEC & they will fix for FREE.. I was going to purchase a 3AT .380 But I heard it kicks -Recoils way more than the .32.. The .32 carries more rounds & has a slide-stop which engages when magazine is empty. the .380 does NOT. I feel very confident with the "Stopping Power" of the .32 with Glaser Safety Slugs ..Feeding is flawless.
Glenmo

Postby Glenmo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:28 pm

AGAIN !!After you buy a kel tec put 300 rounds F.M.J. "hardball" if you keep having any hang-ups ship it back to KEL-TEC & they will fix for FREE.. I was going to purchase a 3AT .380 But I heard it kicks -Recoils way more than the .32.. The .32 carries more rounds & has a slide-stop which engages when magazine is empty. the .380 does NOT. I feel very confident with the "Stopping Power" of the .32 with Glaser Safety Slugs ..Feeding is flawless.
Glenmo

Postby seaview » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:24 pm

I must have gotten a lemon last week. Put 30 rounds(10 of 3 different kinds) through it single shot.........love the gun but not one successful feed. Large scrapes on top of barrel/chamber. Talked to customer service and they said to ship it back and went out today. Obviously something wrong. Love the gun though just need to depend on it. As per all reports customer service is great so expecting a great gun back..........
seaview

Postby MR40CAL » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Looking to pick up a P-32 used from a buddys sister. Probably lightly used, it was her ccw gun. I am highly aware of the lack of safety features and the long dao trigger pull but was wondering if anyone has any advice for a wannabe owner of this pocket pistol. Thanks in advance.
MR40CAL

Postby jazzman » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:45 pm

I was a little concerned about the safety issues so when I carry mine I never put one in the chamber since they are easy enough to chamber a round. I purchased mine brand new put about 300 rounds through it and only (1) hiccup.

I totally trust this gun for self defense. I know alot of people talk about caliber size but I think shot placement is just as important. Good luck.
jazzman

Postby eddbrowne » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:35 am

I will only carry the p32 with a round chambered.

The long DAO trigger, plus a bag or holster, makes

the odds of unintended discharge extremely low.

I also carry keep my Bersa 9 and pk380 chambered.

The first shot in both has a long DA pull, plus a safety.

If a gun is needed, it's often needed quickly, and with one hand.

If you need absolute safety, the first round can be a CS gas

or pepper cartridge that will cycle to a lethal round.
eddbrowne

Re: Kel-Tec P-32 Reviews

Postby Glenmo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:32 pm

I recently have bought a Taurus .380 pocket pistol 10 o.z. empty...fired 300 rounds at the indoor range ..No hang ups or failure to feed!! but Kicks like a mule!! very accurate to 30-35 ft at 50 ft groups start to spread out over the target..i switch back & forth between the keltec .32 & the Taurus .380
Glenmo

Re: Kel-Tec P-32 Reviews

Postby GOANRA » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:36 pm

I consider the .32 caliber underpowered for a practical, primary self defense carry weapon.
However, I have carried an F.I.E. .25cal as an on-duty BUG during the 80s (prior to the better choices available today).

I have a Kel-Tec P3AT .380acp that has been a great comfort when much discretion is required.
My wife has severe arthritis and can no longer rack the Kel-Tec so I got her a Taurus 738 TCP 6+1 380ACP with 2.84" inch barrel.
She could not rack the Ruger LCP nor manage the awful 10 lb trigger pull with any accuracy.

Fortunately, she can easily shoot the Taurus .380 VERY accurately at 30 feet (a longer distance than I would ever wish to attempt to defend as necessary).
The Taurus & Kel-Tecs no longer require the "Fluff & Buffs" as a rule, but huge attention must be paid to the feed lips on the magazines.
I have found most of these mag lips need to be slightly expanded until they can be racked by hand with zero failures and checked regularly.

She can use a 28oz 9mm at home, but the .380 Taurus is the best she can manage for a daily CCW.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Previous

Return to Pistols