>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kel-Tec P-32 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby charmincarmens » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:04 pm

New to Keltec. Have a new P-32 I just bought. Worked fine until I took it apart and put it back together.

Mag won't POP out and slide won't lock back all the time. Sometimes ok sometimes not. Never fired.

It has NO recoil spring catch, could that be the problem ?

Carmen

I sent the P-32 into KT and took it to the range. No issues with it now...This is one heck of a Bug or pocket gun. To fire on target 7 rounds before your eyes blink is pretty cool...

.........Carmen
charmincarmens

Postby GOANRA » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:27 pm

Funny to learn of those who lost their Kel-Tecs to their wife.

I thought I was the only one. LOL

Wife 'tried' mine at the range & loved it after waxing the 9-10 ring at 30 feet with 6 rounds of "Winchester Personal Defense" JHP rounds.

She puts about 6 rounds e/2 mo in the target & then goes to her .22 for practice.

She always has it with her & is only concerned about 6 ft around herself & is quick to put hand on grip of her P3AT.

I had to go get another one, & got the beltclip for RF pocket & the mag extension for a good 2 finger grip.

Mag ext was $8. on ebay.

Both the .380s seem to eat any ammo I feed 'em.

Each has 400+ rounds through with zero probs. No 'fluff & buff'.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby nefprotector » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:03 am

Well here is the Skinny on my Kel Tec P32. In the beginning this too was the worst handgun that I had ever owned. But a little research here and there, I got it to working myself. This thing would jam round after round. I started looking around on the net and found glocktalk.com and the KT forums group. I started doing fluff and buffs, looking at different ammo selections, oil here grease there. and finally after all that and about 200 rounds. I have had a jam since or any other problem. I believe that these little handguns are massed produced and need a GOOD break in period of atleast 200 rds. Believe me if I didnt trust it. I WOULDNT carry it. ps I carry it daily.
nefprotector

Postby Tape » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:33 pm

at the present time I let my mother use it for her CCW, she loves how light it is. Great for women and/or backup
Tape

Postby Benbelcher2907 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:53 am

I want one so bad I'm drooling
Benbelcher2907

Postby Shadow74 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:11 am

Ben, are you kidding? Please say you're kidding. I would own one because it was one of very few choices. It's not a high quality pistol, certainly not worth drooling over. Where in the world did you get that kind of impression from? If you're looking for something in a .32acp to drool over, buy a Seecamp. One more thing, don't EVER consider buying a Beretta Tomcat .32. You might as well just shoot yourself and the family your trying to protect.
Shadow74

Postby scareypete » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:07 pm

This is a Damn good gun for what you are getting. I Bought one for my girl as a Christmas gift. She didn't like the recoil on my S&W Snubby but seemed to do fine with full size autos. So I figured a compact auto is perfect. The way she dresses makes it difficult to conceal a larger gun so this in an iwb holster is perfect for her.

I got such a good deal on the Used gun, it came with 200 rds of target ammo for $270 and Recently I figured out why the previous owner gave it up.

The Range we shoot at requires us to purchase their ammo to shoot. So I never touched the Fiocchi Ball ammo it came with. Now I never will again. With mag Tech target loads it is a smooth shooting accurate little gun. We snuck a box of the fiocchi to the range and fired one magazine of it. Failure to eject on the first round so my girl passed it to me to clear it, I emptied the mag... and got kicked in the face with hot powder on all 6 shots.

She loves the gun, and I will probably get one for myself to wear Jogging since it's lighter and easier to carry than my .38

My Biggest problem with the gun is the Ejection port. it is so tight that you can't eject Target rounds without nervously shaking the gun until they hit just the right angle to pop out. We don't have that problem with Hollow Points since they are about 1mm shorter the gun can be cleared easily with them.

My Second biggest problem is the finish, I know it's a polymer but it feels like cheap plastic and I worry that the mag catch will shear off one of these days. Since we have to eject the mag when we get to work, it gets loaded and unloaded about twice a day...

I recommend this gun to everyone I know who wants a Super compact gun on a Budget.

And Shadow 74 is right, this gun is nothing to Drool over. I'm currently Drooling on some of the super compact 1911's in 9mm and .45 acp. But I'll never drool on polymer.
scareypete

Postby jazzman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:46 pm

What type's of ammo does this gun like? Hate to waste my hard earned money on something that this will not digest.
jazzman

Postby eddbrowne » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:09 am

I will only use fmj round nose in any 32acp, or in a 380 pocket gun.

http://concealedgun.blogspot.com/p/ammo-issues.html
eddbrowne

Postby Glenmo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:24 pm

Best E.D.C. gun I have owned!! Always with me in pocket holster in front pocket..I can have My hand on the gun in my pocket ready to draw ,without anyone knowing!!!!I was going to buy a Kel tech .380 ,But heard it kicks much more than .32...I have learned to shoot well at close range with .32.I use GLASER SAFETY Slugs in mine for carry..Rounded nose profile feeds great..After you buy a kel tec put 300 rounds F.M.J. "hardball" if you keep having any hang-ups ship it back to KEL-TEC & they will fix for FREE..
Glenmo

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols