>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kel-Tec P-32 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby gunnutz » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:34 pm

who did you get your springs from AZ?
gunnutz

Postby masktru » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:08 pm

For the money, accuracy, and carry comfort you can't go wrong with this gun.
masktru

Postby gunnutz » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:53 pm

I agree!
gunnutz

Postby ratshooter » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:11 pm

I have a Kel-Tec .32 also. It is the easiest to carry gun i have ever owned. I bought a 10 round mag and ran into my first problems with the gun. The .32 acp is a semi rimmed case. Sometimes the rim of the top round would get caught behind the rim of the round below it. You had to insert a flat tipped screwdriver below the top round and push down the second round to clear the jam.

I found out that if you chuck the rounds in a drill and turn down the rims from .355 to .345 or so they feed very well from both magazines. There seems to be no problem with extraction or fuction from my Kel-Tec or my Walther PP. I know this sounds crazy but it works.

The new round from North American Arms that was based on a knecked down .32 acp to .25 caliber is a full rimless case. Try a few rounds with the 10 shot mag and you will be impressed with how much smoother the function is.

You don't have to tighten the drill chuck very tight. You don't want to damage the round. Spin the round and use a file to remove a small amount of metal then measure with your calipers. When you have reached the .345 diminsion use your file to restore the small radius to the rim and your done. Once you have completed a couple of rounds it is easy to tell when you are close to the right size. Remember the Beretta tip up barrel guns don't even have an extracter, but rely on pressure to remove fired rounds. Thanks, Thomas.
ratshooter

Postby gunnutz » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:34 am

ratshooter you might try Fiocchi JHP, or Silver tip JHP, these were the recomended cartridges for My Seecamp cal. .32 auto, and shoot great in my Kel-Tec P32. The round is a tad shohter than conventional ball amunition. I finaly got around to replacing the plastic spring guide with the steel version from Kel-Tec, thought it would be a no time at all job, wrong. The steel rod needed polishing, because it has a rough surface and would not slide through the hole in the slide. Also I had to use a small round diamond file to polish the guide rod receiver hole in the slide, so the steel rod would move freely in the slide. The origional plastic part is so sloppy and flexable I don't understand how the gun fed as well as it did. I don't feel bad about this because the Glock 19, comes with a plastc rod, and costs 3X as much. Anyway big improvement in how the gun opperates. The best 5 bucks I ever spent!
gunnutz

Postby Rec_Shooter » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:57 pm

Rat shooter, I had that happen once as well. resolved it the same way. Switched ammo and have not seen it occur again. Pretty amazing how hard it jams up though. I have never had that issue with winchester silver tip or winchester white box.

gunnutz, Please update once you have 100 or so rounds through it with the steel rod. thanks
Rec_Shooter

Postby Rec_Shooter » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:57 pm

Rat shooter, I had that happen once as well. resolved it the same way. Switched ammo and have not seen it occur again. Pretty amazing how hard it jams up though. I have never had that issue with winchester silver tip or winchester white box.

gunnutz, Please update once you have 100 or so rounds through it with the steel rod. thanks
Rec_Shooter

Postby gunnutz » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:40 pm

You bet Rec, I'm gonna do it tomarrow. I like the little gun!
gunnutz

Postby gunnutz » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:41 pm

You bet Rec, I'm gonna do it tomarrow. I like the little gun!
gunnutz

Postby gunnutz » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:53 pm

Well Rec, I didn't shoot 100 rounds, but shot 50, using the 10 round Mag. The gun shot flawlessly, singles, double tap, and fast as I could pull the trigger. The mag does have about 3/32" space between, the pistol butt and magazine heel even when fully inserted. I don't know if it should be there or not but I'm going to check with Kel-Tec
gunnutz

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols