>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kel-Tec P-32 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby bripro » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:50 am

A 32 in your pocket is better than a 44 at home. Great gun for its intended purpose. The president of my range told me the best way the Kel-Tec 32 could defend me was if I threw it at my attacker. Then he told me about a guy he knew who bled to death after shooting himself in the leg with one. Go figure. Dont trust the clips for carry though. Cool idea but my gun fell right out of the leg of my pants in a store once. Luckily the only guy who noticed was laughing so hard he didnt cause a comotion.
bripro

Postby gunnutz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:56 pm

pretty comical, I had a Beretta fall out of my sholder holster one time, everybody noticed. Didn't use that holster any more. I ordered a break top holster from Ray's Holsters he makes them coutom for around 30 bucks for theP-32. Now I'm looking for an after market recoil spring guide made from steel, field stripped mine yesterday and found it's made of plastic. On the other hand so is the factory spring guide on the Glock 19! A 600 dollar plastic gun..............the P-32 may wind up being my car gun.
gunnutz

Postby gunnutz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:00 pm

Called Kel tech this am, they do carry an after market steel recoil spring guide, $5.00, I ordered one, plus a new set of springs, totoal cost $17.00! The recoil spring guide in steel is $29.50 for the Glock, figures the Glock 19 is $600.oo...........
gunnutz

Postby Rec_Shooter » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:08 pm

Interesting story about the clip not securing the P32 for you I have used a clip for over a year now with no issues. I have found though that it stays much more secure if only clipped over the pants. If you try to clip over the pants and belt the clip seems to almost want to push up off the belt. I also carry with a desantis pocket holster which works great as well.

gunnutz, Please post if the steel guide rod causes any problems. I also replaced the springs in mine and it was a very noticible difference but stuck with the plastic guide rod.
Rec_Shooter

Postby masktru » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:43 pm

Rec Shooter, just curious why not change to the steel guide rod also?
masktru

Postby gunnutz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:18 pm

will do!
gunnutz

Postby bripro » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:54 pm

About my carry clip malfunction......I usually did have sucess with the carry clip, a few times it did ride up pretty far and almost fall out. The time it actually did fall I had my youngest daughter who was like 6 months old at the time in one of those baby carrying front backpack things. I bent down to look at something on a low shelf in the store and when I stood up the gun slid right down the inside of my pants and out the leg. No doubt the baby carrier knocked it loose. It wasnt that big of a deal since I never keep one in the chamber when I have the kids. It did make me a bit nervous though because I have heard stories of people having their carry permits revoked if the law at any time visibly sees their gun. Now that would SUCK!
bripro

Postby Rec_Shooter » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:45 am

Masktru, I asked Kel-Tec about a new set of springs and a steel guide rod. They sent (used to) the springs free of charge. I asked about the steel guide rod adn the kel-tec rep said. "they have them if people want them, but they do not feel its a necessary item" . I just kept the gun stock.

Bripro, If you havn't tried it the DeSantis pocket holster works real well adn is shaped such that you can get a positive grip on the grip before drawing. Some of the pocket pistols holters surround too much for me. It seemed you have to pick out the gun with your fingers. The DeSantis pocket holster also uses good materials which keep the holter in the pocket when the gun is drawn.
Rec_Shooter

Postby gunnutz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:58 am

My custom consealed holster for my P32 came in todays mail, I ordered it from Ray's holsters on the web. I have 5 other holsters from Ray, but he out did himself on this one! My cheapo Kel is going to feel like a king in this...On the guide rod, I felt the plastic issue rod was kind of "noodely" I'll find out after I shoot with the steel installed.
gunnutz

Postby AZCCW » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:01 pm

Kel Tec P32 (Steel Guide Rod P32-195M, from Kel Tec), and

Wolff 13lb extra power recoil spring, from Wolff gunsprings,

http://www.gunsprings.com

Extra power magazine springs are also available from Wolff.

This is a great conceal carry pistol. The steel recoil rod has improved accuracy, less flexing than the original plastic rod, and the extra power recoil springs and extra power magazine spring eliminates any feed jam problems.

A bad ass little gun.
AZCCW

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols