>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Hi-Point CF-380 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby stime5150 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:09 pm

thanks i will have to check that out later. enjoy testing ur piece. i did as soon as i got it like 3 years ago. worked great and still does. especially with that ghost site attached. as im sure u know ur pistol is only as good of a shot as u are. so dont listen to those others here. and as far as ammo i never have a problem finding in GA. just make sure u stock up b4 that b***h pelosi takes over.
stime5150

Postby ccbaugh » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:27 pm

I bought this gun new in 2000. It has never jammed with me yet. I still have the receipt where. I payed 85.99 plus tax for a total of 92.87 out the door. Great shooting gun. The only dislike I have is the field strip and cleaning part. I really wouldn't call it a field strip, more like a shop strip. But as far as reliable, I love it. I won't give it a 5 rating because it's tough to clean. Mine also has a rattling sound with the clip removed. Not sure what it is but in 10 years it's never failed in any way. I also have a Hi Point C-9 and it has it also.
ccbaugh

Postby bohemianpasha » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:03 pm

we can all agree that this is a great value for a solid semi-auto. As far as I know, you cannot buy anything comparable, not even used, for this price. You will always get the snobs that will put it down, thinking unless you pay over 400, it cannot be worthy. Personally, I would rather buy two or three firearms such as this instead of just one high priced version. If I needed a 9 mm, I would buy a another hi-point, but I already have a S&W sigma. I am looking to buy a small 22, most like a Phoenix arms, since most of the other 22s are not on the DOJ list for California.
bohemianpasha

Postby amybill » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:16 pm

I just received my Hi-Point CF-380. Bought it for my wife. We went shooting, and she really liked it. It's actually a bit larger then my 9mm. For anyone looking for 380 and other calibers.....try "Sportsmans Guide". Always have plenty of shells on hand........
amybill

Postby theswabbie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:19 am

I posted on the Highpoint 9MM thread too.. since we own BOTH calibers..

My wife FINALLY asked me to buy her a handgun. She was a bit nervous of my S&W Model 19 .357 magnum for home defense. She said if she had wanted to use Artillery she would have joined the Marines.. :) SO.. with her transformation to "Redneck Wife" now complete we go to a local gunstore. My sister in law not to be outdone also wanted a handgun too.. We looked them over.. She decided on the highpoint .380 (got one for the sister in law as well).. I saw the price on the 9MM ($129) so I what the heck. Not bad prices for new guns..

We got home and went out to the back of the property and we put a few rounds through both of them. NOT one jam either weapon. Thats now been almost a year.. I cant recall ANY jams either with mine hunting or target practice.. or hers.

The only thing that bugs me is the fact you cant break them down like a M1911A1 I used in the Military or the fact that they are very heavy.. Just gotta wear a belt when you put them on your side. Otherwise.. They go BANG BANG BANG when you pull the trigger and they are reasonably priced. I believe the company has raised its quality standards over the years.. they are NOT like they use to be. As with some people reporting problems, every manufacturer has those.. but they DO stand behind the product. SO.. you balance out ALL those factors and I give it a solid B overall.

Look, they aren't Glocks.. dont pretend to be... but they serve a good purpose and fill a niche. Happy Shooting!
theswabbie

Postby brucer41 » Mon May 10, 2010 9:48 pm

I actually just purchaed a kit gun of the CF 380 and I am looking for a receiver. Anyone have any leads on one?
brucer41

Postby Operaverdi » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:53 am

The reason for the slight rattle is due to a safety mechanism that prevents the pistol from firing in the event that it is dropped. I got this info directly from Hi-Point support.
Operaverdi

Postby glock1745 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:18 am

Hi Point is notorious for "the rattle, " no worries guys. I have had my .380 for a year now and put about 3000 rounds through it. Great gun for the money. I have only had 2 or 3 jams in all the rounds I've shot. I have some top of the line guns that may be a little more accurate but not as reliable. I know here in northern Indiana .380 is very hard to find so I'd with the 9mm if I was buying again. I've carried mine here and there, only real drawback is that it's pretty heavy. Overall review is that I love this gun.
glock1745

Postby imakikr » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:27 pm

I have had a problem with my high-point 380 jamming. Any suggestions on what to do to fix that?
imakikr

Postby williep » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Just fired my hi-point .380 for the first time, i had no problems with jams or ftfs. After 50 rounds of Independence 90gr. fmj i saw an average 3 in. cluster at 45 feet. I think it was a great buy, easy to use, and maintenance is easy compared to some of my other handguns. For the price Ill probably pick up the 9mm .40 and .45 just to try them out. Anyone calling this gun junk is cause they just spent 1k to get pretty much the same thing with a fancy polished name on it.
williep

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols