>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ 82/83 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby PenduraLife » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:39 am

Hi Everyone, I am new here, and would need some help in deciding which would be best for a first time subcompact cz82 or the Bersa .380 ... they are in same price range, except that the Bersa is new and the cz82 isn't. From what I have read both are great shooters. I have shot rifles for a many years and still do.

thanks for any insight on which way to go.
PenduraLife

Postby agonist » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:25 am

Both are excellent pistols of basically the same design. The Bersa will be a little lighter and the CZ will have a little nicer fit and finish.
agonist

Postby festivagt » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:35 am

Purchased mine used at a gunshow for $200. Was in EXCELLENT shape. Shot VERY WELL. Nice tight groups with garbage monarch ammo. They did open up as you went out farther though. About 500 rounds through it and only to FTF's. But that was due to lack of oil and a caught glove in the action. One of the better deals out there for a pistol. My next will be a Russian makarov.
festivagt

Postby PenduraLife » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:31 am

Thanks for the info. Went to Franklins, to pick the best used cz82 out of the three that they had left. Took it all apart and looked at the area where the shell loads and two were great and one had a nick in the ramp, then came time to see which had the better trigger feel. After a good hour and half, well might have been two...I had to overlook the scratches on the outside verses which l looked better on the inside and which had the better trigger pull for my liking( a woman thing...we like pretty...lol). Now to head to the gun range and try it out.
PenduraLife

Postby PhantomII » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:29 pm

I am a newly registered user of this forum and looking through the postings... It seems to be a top-notch forum with helpful members. I am a newbie here, but not in life (60 years young).

Hey Penduralife,

I bought two CZ82's over the last 2 years through J&G Sales in Arizona (by mail) and love them. Knowing that they were surplus military/police weapons, and their age, I expected them to show wear and have a few scratches. What I did next was to send one off to a guy in San Antonio to have it bead blasted and thoroughly cleaned. He then put on a Flat Black Duracoat finish on it and it absolutely looks like a brand new pistol. I just sent my second one of to have it refinished.

If you are going to keep your CZ, then I highly recommend having this done.
PhantomII

Postby jiggs » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:44 am

HI I just started on this site this AM. I am not new with guns, just working with computers. I see J&G on a couple of forums, and would like to know how to subscribe to it. I am looking to pickup the CZ82 used and would like some feed back. also looking at moseburg 500 purs. Can't make up my mind on which way to go. Thanks for any help.
jiggs

Postby PhantomII » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:41 am

Just picked up a new holster for my CZ82 (also one for my Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro) from Kholster in St. Louis, MO. EXCELLENT!

It is patterned after the Crossbreed IWB Tuckable (which was a rework copy of the "Workman"), only less expensive. I was reluctant to try the Crossbreed because of the cost, and if it did not work, into the holster box it would go. With the Kholster, you get a 90-day "No Strings Guarantee", don't like it, return it within the 90-day period and your money is refunded. It also has a Lifetime Warranty on workmanship/materials. I bought one for my CZ, liked it so much I bought another for my Taurus! The two came to a cost of one from Crossbreed! Check it out at < www.kholster.com >
PhantomII

Postby BMEEK11 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:56 am

accurate with minimal recoil but the trigger pull is heavy. I prefer shooting the Bursa thunder much more
BMEEK11

Postby PhantomII » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Bmeek11,

Had the same concerns on the trigger of my CZ82 (Presume the CZ83 share the same attributes), installed a Wolf Spring set and the trigger is much better now. Still has a little 'travel' but a nice crisp break of the trigger.
PhantomII

Postby PhantomII » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:41 pm

I have purchased two of these fine CZ82 pistols. They are very accurate, easy on the hand, well balanced and a decent magazine capacity.

Knowing that the CZ83 is the same pistol, just a different barrel (.380ACP vs 9x18mm), I had a gunsmith friend of mine order a CZ83 replacement barrel and install it in my second CZ82. Works like a charm! Not as accurate as the 9x18Mak, and the ammo is more expensive, but have had fun in doing the "change"...
PhantomII

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols