>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ P-01 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

CZ P-01 Reviews

Postby exexpat93 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:58 pm

I own a PCR (P-01 without a light rail). Small and reliable. Fire alot of rounds and you will start to feel wrist exhaustion. It is very light due to its alloy frame. Fits well in the hand and is more accurate than I can shoot it.

Follow up 2011. After a few thousand rounds the polycoat finish started flaking off with very light carry. A good excuse to KG Cerakoat the pistol which now looks very nice in Coyote and HK Black. Put Angus CZ Compact Aluminium Grips /w slot screws on and S/S metal guide rod. I use full size mags for comfort and availability. I have a Kadet 22 kit that has been flawless also. Nice little shooter.

4500 rounds later and no failures at all.
exexpat93

Postby dontmatr » Thu May 11, 2006 4:01 am

My P-01 was very first CZ (and as it would turn out, not be my last). I was amazed by both its incredible ergonomics and balance, as well as its outstanding accuracy. In terms of reliability, so far Ive put close to 3000 rounds through it, with no malfunctions to date. Field dissasembly and cleaning is very simple to perform. Recoil is light and manageable, and while somewhat gritty at first, the the trigger has smoothed out considerably since I purchased it two years ago. Overall, the P-01 is an excellent all-around compact 9mm, once which I can find no drawbacks with whatsoever.
dontmatr

Postby iloveallgunz » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:32 am

i have a cz75 compact best pistol ever period. everyone else play catchup
iloveallgunz

Postby eman12550 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:02 am

can somebody please tell me what i can expect to really pay for a new pistol ..and what did you guys pay for used models??
eman12550

Postby Egoslayer1 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:25 am

-The grip shape and overall balance is very comfortable.

-The black/green color coating does show some wear along the slide almost the instant you use it, but this isnt really noticeable unless youre looking for it.

-It takes an exceptional amount of force to rack the slide which could be an issue for a weaker person.

-We picked up a new one in green at the gun show in Houston for ~$360 which seemed like a pretty good deal. If money was no object I would give this gun 4/5, if you factor in how cheap it is, I would give it 5/5. For the money, this is a [very] good gun.
Egoslayer1

Postby wicket1313 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:14 am

I am a first time buyer of handguns. My first gun choice was the Beretta 9000s. I changed my mind after I seen this gun. The CZ P 01 made me not buy the beretta. I just knew this gun was for me. I grip is great and its balance is something to talk about. After over 1,000 rounds I never have had a problem. Please find out for yourself, your cant go wrong for the price.
wicket1313

Postby wicket1313 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:50 pm

After telling a friend about this gun he wasnt sure about it. So a bet was made, or challenge if u will. He owns a glock .40 cal. We both shot each gun on diff targets and the p01 came out on top. Even though we said it was a tie he was happy with its results. And to add to this he brought his browning 911, which jammed 4 times while i was killing paper as he tryed to keep up. I put out 100 rounds in 20 mins, and he got 20 rounds off in the same amount of time. But we both agree that the kick of the p01 was a lil more than expected, but after a few shots its no biggy. Check this gun out, u might like it.
wicket1313

Postby FISHNSHOOT » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:21 am

I own a 75 BD AND I TREATED MY SELF TO A P-01.I Took it to the range and fired this with some concern untill I fired the first round .The grip fits like a clove the performance is out standing.I went back to the store today and got my self the 40 cal so now I have em both 9mm and 40 cal .I have owned some hand guns in my time .But these guns take some beating .Out of the box at 25 yeards .Bang on .I had to mess with my rear sight on the 9mm but I have purchased a adjustable sights for them both .Now I have just purchased a crimson trace for the 40 at the gun store also and intend on this being my home defence gun.When I choose a gun for my Family I have to choose with love and effection for my loved ones .WHAT ELSE CAN i SAY CZ ROCKS
FISHNSHOOT

Postby SnakeP01 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:42 am

I am a first time buyer of handguns. I decided to buy this gun in the moment I had it in my hands.The grip is extremley comfortable and it gives you good results at instinctive shooting (without aiming). This gun has a exellent size and you can carry it without being noticed. Ive fiered Glock and HK and I can tell you there is nothing to envy if you have this gun. BEST GUN EVER !!!!
SnakeP01

Postby armoredman » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:23 am

This it the all time best pistol I have ever used, bar none. I have fired many, many of the pistols avilabale on the market today, and not one is as reliable, dependable, accurate, user friendly, or ergonomically perfect as the CZ-PO1. Some have termed the fit of the CZ as like a glove. The PO1 fitd me like a custom made kid glove.
armoredman

Next

Return to Pistols