>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 8000 Cougar Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Doriadiver » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Try the .45, you'll love it. No bark, no bite.....unless of course you're unlucky enough to be on the other end of this one. Cheapest .45 acp I own by far and shoots as good as the rest (Sigs and Kimbers).
Doriadiver

Postby pcnightmare » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:35 pm

Great, soft recoiling gun. Ran into a little trouble with FTEs one time when I let it go a little too long without a cleaning, but that was my fault and my Cougar in 9mm has been otherwise flawless.
pcnightmare

Postby Doriadiver » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:40 pm

Thanks PGD. Now if only I could get the wife to listen to me! LMAO. Glad you're happy with your Cougar.
Doriadiver

Postby pgdion » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:31 am

Cougar update ... all I can say is the more I shoot this gun, the more I like it. I did figure out the rail deal. Apparently the 9mm and .40cal come without the rail and the .45acp comes with the rail. Guess I'll have to get the .45 then ;-). I also looked at a couple of the silver ones. They are only offered in 9mm and .40. They looked good in pictures but I was wondering when it said Bruniton. I thought hey would be aluminum frames with a stainless slide. They aren't, they are aluminum frames with a steel slide all coated in a silver Bruniton finish. They look pretty good and I know that Bruniton is hard and durable but I still wish the slide was stainless. A stailess slide would have been a sale in the .40cal. Now it's Hmmm.
pgdion

Postby Doriadiver » Sat May 28, 2011 9:40 am

Though I don't shoot mine near enough, with all the new additions to the "holster", it remains one of my favorites. I also have three standing offers from shooting buds should I ever decide to sell it. Everyone that shoots it, loves it and it NEVER fails to go boom!
Doriadiver

Postby vtwin1910 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Great gun for a great price. Very accurate.
vtwin1910

Postby PT80 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:53 pm

I shot my friends Stoeger version of the Cougar, from what I understand it is the same thing as Berettas version and the earlier version of the PX4 Storm. I have the pellet pistol that is based on this gun. They are both very fun to shoot. A little less accurate than the PX4 at the shop but that could just be my user error. Nothing in the way of jams or FTE's or FTF's and if my friend was truthful, he had only put about 50 rounds through it when he let me fire it.... Very good for a gun that is just at the beginning of it break in period.
PT80

Postby pgdion » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:47 pm

You are correct, the Stoeger Cougar and the Beretta Cougar are identical except for the name (right down to Accokeek, MD). The Stoeger isn't just a copy, it is the Beretta now made at a Beretta subsidiary (still on the original equipment. The Cougar is similar to the PX4, the PX4 having a refined barrel mechanism supposedly. I haven't shot a PX4 yet but my Cougar has been a flawless performer since day 1. Accuracy was not as good as my 92 at first but improved quickly (ie, it's not the gun, it was me getting used to the gun). These things are the best deals out there by far!!!
pgdion

Postby davyjoe » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:48 am

I just got back into shooting after more than 40 years without a gun in my hand. I wanted something good, but something inexpensive in case the old passion just wan't there anymore, so I settled on a Stoeger Cougar. It is one of the best decisions I've ever made. It is a satisfying pistol in every way, and it shoots like a dream. If you have one, or are going to buy one, I recommend that you get your holster from Ray Tibbins at Ray's Holsters online. For $37 you'll get $100 worth of the nicest gunleather you've ever seen.
davyjoe

Postby snke_doctr » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:01 am

I bought my Stoeger Cougar in 9x19 a while back, have put 500 or so rds thru it. Only neg. about it is this particular gun does not like Remington ammo (won't chamber it properly). Otherwise GREAT GUN!! Very glad I purchased it. A Beretta in all but name.
snke_doctr

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols