>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta Px4 Storm Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Beretta Px4 Storm Reviews

Postby pogieeh » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:22 am

I took my px4 for the first time to the indoor range right out of the box and it is awesome. I fired 300 rounds with Winchester 9 mm and it is flawless and definitely a must have for home defense. You just need to call Beretta since it didnt come with the back straps. Very accurate to 25 yds. but then again, once I get really use to my px4, yardage wont be an issue. Very light and easy to disassemble and reassemble. I also rented a glock 9 mm and the recoil on the px4 is a lot manageable. Trust me, youll never regret owning a PX4...Im just waiting for my 30 days so I can get a 40 mm PX4. I cant wait.
pogieeh

Postby fenderstrat » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:15 pm

I just had the same experience as pogieeh. Ijust got back from the range my first two shots were within a quarter of an inch of each other in the bullseye. From then on it shot 4 inch groups with me standing. I have owned many 9mm nname the manufacture and probably 75% Ive had their 9mm. None of them came close to this pistol. I rate it 6 bullets. Go out and get this piece of art. It looks great, has a great feel, creative engineering, best shooting 9mm of the 13 to 15 9mms Ive owned including Berettas 92. I hate to use this word but AWSOME.
fenderstrat

Postby DUCKTWACY » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:50 am

I hate to sound like an echo here but I too must rave about this pistol. I have noticed on other firearms related posting boards on the web, just about everyone who has bought a PX4 is saying the same thing: in a nutshell, this pistol may become a legend in its own time. AWESOME is right. I just got my PX4 .9mm Storm and took it to the range this weekend for its first shoot and mine as well - went with a great instructor and class. All told, I estimate that I shot over 500 rounds, and the PX4 was a dream to shoot. Trigger has some play in it but not much. I have an old injury in left hand that renders my two small fingers basically useless. In spite of this handicap, I had no problems firing and holding this gun, and with practice can only improve.

Biggest challenge now is finding someone who sells the magazines - I have as of yet found no one who has any in stock locally in So Cal; am leery of online distributors, but may have to go that route. Anyone else have any sources?

I should stress I had not picked up and fired a gun in over 20 years - still I shot some very tight groups, and was able to hit targets at longer distances than Id figured Id be able to. Minimal recoil. The PX4 Storm will fit it in the Coronado Leathers concealment fanny pack (medium size). I am presently trying to find a holster to fit it, and it looks like Galco makes some.

I couldnt recommend it more...just be patient, the wait for these guns is around a month right now, and theyve been release to non-law enf. since January I think, so that tells you something; where I got mine, they said they couldnt keep them in stock, they were selling out so fast.
DUCKTWACY

Postby todde07143 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:45 am

I just got my Px4 Storm the other day and it is really awesome. My question is what are my options for laser sights? I dont see any so far that are just for "our"" gun. Has anyone tried one yet?
todde07143

Postby Willm3053 » Sun May 28, 2006 7:14 pm

Whats up guys, this pistol is amazing, I was ldoing my research before i bought it, the moment i saw it on the Beretta website i just had to buy, the weight and balance is just perfect, took it to an indoor range and shot about 300 rds, no jams no double feeds, didnt have to worry about the barrel rasing up as i shoot like other pistols I have, one word to describe it "AMAZING"""
Willm3053

Postby berettafool » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:37 am

Bought a PX4 about 3 months ago and have been nothing but impressed. I have the 9mm type F. After about 800 rounds and not a single misfire/jam, I am a pleased customer, yet Beretta hasnt really ever failed me so I guess I didnt expect anything less. For 500 bucks, it simply cant be beat. For those who would criticize the "futuristic"" look of the gun - its called innovation, get used to it."
berettafool

Postby jpjones » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:34 pm

Several hundreds rounds and a few months later, I am still very impressed with my purchase of a 9mm PX4 Storm Type F. I compared the PX4 to several other pistols and shopped around for while before making my purchase.

Without any doubts, I feel that I definitely made the right choice (except for perhaps I should have gone for the .40 S&W). The PX4 Storm has been outstanding because I have had impressive accuracy, no miss fires or jams.

Beretta did not ship the back straps with the pistol as advertised; however, a quick phone call and they shipped them to me within a week. Berettas customer service was outstanding.
jpjones

Postby dakman » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:33 am

I have owned a 92FS since 1987, I just sold it and purchased the Storm 9mm. It appears to be a lot more accurate than the 92FS. It has a smoother look and feel in a slightly more compact design. If it continues to perform and stands up to use like the 92FS, I will be a very happy owner.
dakman

Postby Bretterator » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:24 am

I bought this gun a couple of months ago. I have put about 2000 rounds through it without a hiccup! Shoots great and is very accurate. I love the 17 round magazine. Its a little too big for conceiled carry, but I carry it anyways because I love it so much.
Bretterator

Postby jeffrey713 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:47 pm

I just bought the Beretta PX4, G-type, in .40 cal. (14 rd. clips). Ive fired it on three separate occassions using Winchester full metal; Speer Gold Dot; and Remington Golden Sabre. This gun is awesome. Comfortable to point and shoot; well balanced; very accurate; and better looking in person. No jams; no misfires; no stovepipes. Reliable. Go hold one in Gander Mountain, or Gabelas, or your friends gun shop. Youll love it. This is quality at any price point. Notwithstanding, the price is pretty good too! Move over Glock and HK. Beretta did its homework.
jeffrey713

Next

Return to Pistols