>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 21 Bobcat Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:53 pm

I want to add that the pistol pictured here, the Beretta Bobcat in either .22LR or .25acp is absolutely the wrong gun for a new shooter. I have owned two of them and wouldn't even consider starting a kid out on one of these. A young or new shooter needs encouragement when starting up. That involves providing the new shooter with successes he won't get with this gun. You want to provide a firearm that can actually hit a target. This is absolutely NOT a target pistol. If you started someone out with this on a range, you wouldn't be able to get close enough to hit anything. After a day of constant misses, you're going to ruin the kids first experience with a gun. You have to be sure that there is some positive reinforcement/feedback and that in my book means hitting the target!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby markej4801 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:05 am

Tig is absolutely correct in everything he said here! I really like my Bobcat, but it is NOT a gun for a beginner. The rifle is the place to start, followed by a full sized pistol or revolver that will ensure success in the education process. Best of luck in this holiday season...Merry Christmas and God bless us everyone!
markej4801

Postby ProudPatriot » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:07 am

When teaching my 13 year old to shoot i utilized both the 22 rifle and my Beretta Bobcat. She did great with it.i also had her experience a 22 revolver as well- providing a variety of shooting experiences. I mean no disrespect at all- just saying in our experince the bobcat worked well with a beginner in combination with other guns as well.
ProudPatriot

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:42 am

Glad to hear it!! It just wouldn't be my first choice for any new shooter but I understand the need to try what you feel works best for you and your child. It will provide the mechanics of firearm use, but accuracy is going to suffer heavily with a new shooter and a mouse gun. Not only that but it's difficult to control a new shooters action (handling) of a firearm that small. I hope your daughter had fun, that's what it's all about!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby ProudPatriot » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:50 am

I totally agree with you in terms of the lack of accuracy regarding the mouse guns! It was a great opportunity to pass on the importance of safe gun handling practices combined with the sheer enjoyment of shooting!
ProudPatriot

Previous

Return to Pistols