>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 21 Bobcat Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby shaman » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:47 pm

This is a great little gun. No problems except some misfires with the wal mart winchester cheap stuff. I use CCI Stingers now. The tilt barrel makes it a good gun for my wife. She has trouble pulling the slide with most guns. With this you tilt load the first round and double action fire it. I bought this as a conceal carry, in Florida it's to hot to go to big in shorts, but have since discovered Kel-tec. The P32 is smaller, lighter, and carrys a larger round. My wife has no problem pulling the slide on the P32. The bobcat is still nice and I don't have the heart to sell it. The bobcat has a safety and the P32 doesn't; something to think about in your front pocket.
shaman

Postby dood » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:47 am

I should have followed up on my previous post a long time ago.

Basically, my little bobcat .22LR can do 50 to 75 shots of CCI Mini Mags before it needs a cleaning again. That's pretty good for an extractorless little pistol.

The downside is, the little bugger had an ejector mounting pin slide out of its spot which locked the slide to the frame. I got it apart but the slide has some damage from the pin. I've been checking on getting some replacement parts for the ol' Bobcat, but with the "gun rush" going on out there, parts are hard to come by at the moment. As soon as I can find them, I hope to get my Bobcat back together again.
dood

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon May 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Dood, have you tracked down those parts yet?
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby pakettle » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:47 pm

Other then the stainless in the inox model, whats the differance between it and the blued model 22 bob cat.

Are the mechanics the same.
pakettle

Postby GCX » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:47 am

I bought my 21A Bobcat a couple of months ago and have fired about 650-700 rounds through it now. This is the coolest little gun.

Like most Bobcat owners will tell you, CCI Stingers are 100% reliable in these guns. I've also never had a problem with Remington Yellow Jackets or Vipers. Anything from Winchester seems to be the worst. I take that back. Federal Spitfires, sold exclusively at Gander Mtn, are the worst by far.

Remington Target, which is just a standard velosity load, Remington Thunderbolts, and Federal Lightings are not too bad. Starting with a clean gun I can shoot 6 or 7 mags before I start getting fte's. Then I just spray some Rem Oil down the barrel and run a swab or Q-tip, yes a Qtip, through it and it's good to go again.

This ammo may be acceptable for pratice and plinking but not for carry ammo. Stick with Stingers or Yellow Jackets. The problem with Winchester and the Spitfiers is not failure to eject it's failure to feed. Something about the shape of the bullet, I'm not sure. But they don't want to go in the chamber.

I've shot over 100 rounds of the cheaper ammo having a jam about every other mag after the first 6 mags, and maybe every mag near 100 rds. And then without cleaning the gun shot 3 mags full of CCI Mini Mags with no problems. Then 3 mags of Yellow Jackets followed by 3 mags of CCI Stingers, No FTFs or FTEs.

So I cleaned the gun inside and out, reloaded it with Stingers and dropped it in my pocket.

The Beretta 21A is the best point and shoot pistol I've ever had. Aiming this little gun is just like pointing my finger at the target. Something I like in a gun when I may not have time to line up the sights and need to get off some quick shots.

I also like that it's single and double action, not just DAO like so many of the pocket guns now. This was a big selling point for me. It's also why I didn't buy a Ruger LCP or anything from Kel Tec. D/A is for revolvers.
GCX

Postby pakettle » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Mouseguns.com, click on youtube vidio:testing many kinds of ammo in the beretta 21a bobcat. This is a cool vidio.
pakettle

Postby vezpa » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:49 pm

I just got my bobcat last week. Fun gun but you need to use upgraded Ammo so it is dependable and doesn't jamb. Steer clear of Winchester. I put 400 rounds through it thus far and I'm happy with the guns performance.
vezpa

Postby GCX » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:08 am

vezpa. You got that right about Winchester ammo. Bobcats don't like it. My wife has a Bobcat and has had it since before I met her. It's a late '90s model I think. It is the blued model and the slide, trigger and barrle release are much smoother than my Matte black Bobcat and I thought it might not be as picky about ammo. But it is.

Winchester= waste of time. But it'll feed on CCI Mini Mags and Stingers and the higher velocity Remington stuff all day.

Stingers are a lot hotter and I don't recommend a regular diet of them.

I've been stocking up on the Mini Mags for about $6 a box/100 at Wal Mart.
GCX

Postby Ranger98 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:35 pm

I had a .25 cal Bobcat till recently.I had fired 100 rounds of Winchester FMJ (The Walmart White Box Ammo that everyone complains about) through it with no problems.However,just before I decided to trade it,I still had another 150 rounds that I decided to expend at the range.After completing the session,I found that the screws securing the grip to the frame on the side of the safety had become loose and allowed the safety lever to miss align itself and lock in the fire position.I was able to use a small,flat blade screwdriver to depress the spring and follower and move them back into place.Be sure to pay attention to these grip screws on a regular basis.Probably not a bad idea to utilize some lock tight.
Ranger98

Postby GCX » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:57 pm

good point about the grip screws. I never had that problem on any gun but it seems that I'm hearing that complaint about a lot of guns these days.

I just realalized I didn't say in my review that my 21A is 22lr. From what I understand about the 25acp model, they'er not that picky about ammo.

I've shot many boxes of Winchester white box in other guns and other calibers, center fire of course, and I can't say anything bad about it.

The 22 Winchester ammo I was referring to is thier Super-X and 333 bulk boxes. And even thier 1300 fps SuperSpeed RN would not feed properly in the two Bobcats I tried them in. It has all been moved to the rifle ammo section of my safe.
GCX

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols