>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 21 Bobcat Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby jlowey1 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:20 pm

Potvin24,

I just purchased a Bobcat and have found it to be very reliable. I've fired many types of .22LR ammo in it and it choked on only one. I recommend shooting the high powered ammo like Stingers or Yellowjacket. The pistol points very naturally and would sure 'do' a point blanck coyote! Easy to carry!
jlowey1

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:02 pm

I own both the single and double action 25acp models of this pistol. They're both reliable with more reliability going toward the Jetfire (sa). The double action is very sensitive to dirt and crud. I find that cleaning it is necessary with every box of ammo used. But the Jetfire (sa) isn't as picky. I find that neither one of them is reliable with hollowpoints. But a hollowpoint in a .25acp isn't the wisest thing to use in my opinion. They just don't have the energy to reliably expand so you have to go with the opposite train of thought, and that's penetration. The only way you'll get decent penetration is to be close and use FMJ ammo. It will hopefully be powerful enough to reach deep and find an organ or blood supply. Of course if you have a choice of shot placement you should always go for a head shot when using a .25. I would fire as many rounds as that little pistol will fire too! I found a set of rosewood grips for the Bobcat at a gunshow. They don't extend the grip but they really fatten it up which makes holding it much easier. They allow a very solid hold and are formed very ergonomically. I've never seen extensions or an extended magazine for this gun. Your pinky will most likely be hanging loose but the recoil from this is almost non existent so I wouldn't be too concerned about lack of control from the small grip style.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby AZCCW » Sun May 13, 2007 12:02 am

This is the second Bobcat .25 ACP I have owned.

I made the mistake of selling one I had had for years.

I like the tip up barrel feature. This is a nice feature that makes it easy to carry chambered with the hammer down.

Just pull back the hammer, and good to go.

(Check photo number three)
AZCCW

Postby Patrol » Mon May 14, 2007 11:14 am

The best little pocket gun money can buy. Nothing out there could be as reliable as the 21a and the flip top barrel is an excellant feature i wish they'd bring back for big calibrers too.
Patrol

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:01 pm

I don't believe they can put a flip up barrel on the larger calibers because it can only be applied to guns that use a blow black ejection system. As far as I know the largest caliber that utilizes a blow back ejection system is a .380. I'll do some more reading on this and post the info here. The flip up barrel is a nice feature, it certainly is easy to load/unload in a hurry. The added safety of it is well known throughout the industry. Beretta must have some kind of copy protection on that because you'd think that imitators would be all over a feature like that. I have never seen anything close in resemblance.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby AZCCW » Thu May 24, 2007 1:01 am

Today I put on a Pearce Rubber Grip.

It has a good feel to it, I'll update after I fire some rounds with this grip. (Check photo 4)
AZCCW

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:31 am

That's a nice looking grip. Does it include a laser sight? It almost looks like it does. If you have handled the Hogue grips, you know what I mean when I say they can be sticky at times, which provides most of the allure for the brand. Is the Pearce grip similar in feel to the Hogue? I've got the 21 and 950, both 25's. The 21 has a set of fat rosewood grips on it and it really makes for a nice hold, but it also reduces the concealability of it, not so much that it causes problems, but it is much bigger. Let us know what you think of the Pearce product when you get a chance to shoot. What was the asking price? Thanks for the information and picture!

Tig

tigwelder56

Postby AZCCW » Sun May 27, 2007 5:19 pm

I shot the .25 Bobcat with the Pearce rubber grips today.

Very comfortable solid grip, I fired 150 rounds without a problem.

It does feel similar to the Hogue, I have them on a Ruger P90.

This grip does not have the laser, I wish it did.

The asking price was $18.95, here's the link.

http://www.gunaccessories.com/PierceRub ... /index.asp
AZCCW

Postby 18JMS » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:56 pm

Overall I like the pistol but I have had problems with it.

Its not very accurate at 25 yards i'm having trouble putting the bullet anywhere near where I'm aiming.

Jams, empty casings getting caught inbetween the slide.

I understand the gun has a flip up barrel and the slide isnt really meant to be racked. But the slide is VERY hard to rack I dont understand why its so hard to rack on such a small pistol.

I bought this as a carry pistol and I would be worried about jams if I ever had to shoot more than 1 bullet.

For accessories, I bought a stainless steel slide, nemesis pocket holster and a pearce rubber grip.
18JMS

Postby EBG » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:16 pm

Hey 18jms, I'm no expert but a short barelled pistol like this is only meant to be most accurate at 5 to 10 yrds (some say only 3 to 7 yrds). It was meant more as a back-up pistol or in the house for close range protection. Don't get me wrong though, even as a main pistol this can be effective depending on the placement of the shots. With regards to the jamming, mine used to jam because I keep forcing 7 rounds in the clip which messed up the spring. Try just 6 rounds. Is it a second hand? If it is then you might have to buy a new magazine and if not then you might have to break it in with about 100-200 rounds. This will also take care of the racking problem. Just make sure you clean it each time after use paying close attention to oiling the rails and the chamber.
EBG

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols