>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 3032 Tomcat Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby GCX » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:21 am

"Taurus, the same company that coppied the 92fs (Horibbly I might add)..." LOL. Shoot one and see if you feel the same. And FYI. Taurus didn't really "copy" the 92. Taurus bought the Beretta factory in Brazil along with the tooling to make the 92. Changes to the pistol have been made by both Taurus and Beretta over the years . I'm glad Taurus left the safety on the frame where it should be.
GCX

Postby Blev » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:43 am

The Taurus Ply .25 looks good, but for another $100 bucks or so, you can get a .32. I've done a lot of research on pocket pistols and what I am going to buy once I get the money. The 9mm's that have been made small are great, but in my opionon still aren't small enough to put in the pocket for me. The wide slide now produced on the Beretta is still getting cracked frame issues from my research :( The Naa Guardians are nice, but still on the heavy side for the competitor offers in an all steal gun. I think I'm going to go with the Seecamp .32 once I get the money to actually buy a gun.
Blev

Postby ke7zem » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:53 am

I had the Beretta Tomcat or Bobcat chambered in .25 caliber and I tell you what, I could probably throw the bullets faster than they cam out of the gun. The gun was great, had one in .22 short, and the .25, I would rather have the .22lr for self defense than .25 cal. Don't get me wrong, Beretta's are top of the line weapons, it's the .25 cal that is worthless.
ke7zem

Postby Blev » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:32 am

I mean no offense, but there is a big difference between a Tomcat and a Bobcat for Beretta pistols. From my study, the .22 is a better round, but the .25 is better chambered for a semi-auto pistol. A center fire cartridge as opposed to the .22 a rim fire cartridge. Rim fire= more chances of a jam in a semi-auto from my studies on both rounds. Not to mention, there are some pretty hot rounds being manufactured these days for .25acp. 10 rounds of .25acp in these little guns is a lot of fire power dispite the lack of a big bullet. In my profession I have seen guys shot once with .25 and it killed them, and others I have seen shot point blank with a .45 and survived. I have also seen guys shot several times with a 9mm and survived. The debate of caliber will still go on though.
Blev

Postby ke7zem » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:20 pm

to BLEV, no offence taken, I always have an open mind when it comes to anything, especially firearms, I am DEFINATELY no expert an firearms. The .25 Beretta I had was 19 years ago, and I remember shooting a 50 gallon oil drum with it from about 6 feet away at an angle (in a safe place) and I just remember I could practactly see the round bounce off of the barrel and ricochete to my right. That's was the extent of my farensic testing! lol. I didn't even think about the effect of a centerfire as opossed to the centerfire round in an automatic. So thanx for the heads up. How would you compare the .32 against the .25 in the Beretta, or the copy. In the since of a pocket pistol used only for the purposes of self-defense, getting out of a jam quick like?

Richard in Washington
ke7zem

Postby ke7zem » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:51 pm

I like this one, it's the same inox or I call it nickel finish. the .32 caliber should provide better kanetic energy, please add your experties. my spelling sucks lol

http://www.berettausa.com/products/3032 ... auto-inox/
ke7zem

Postby Blev » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:24 pm

I agree that the bigger round you have and can carry is idealy better. I would rather carry a .32 than a .25.

As far as the Inox version of the Tomcat, it has the wide slide that the mat and blue frames are made with now, but again I have read on the internet that people have experienced frame cracking issues on the Inox version too. If you don't shoot much and keep within the manufacurer recommended ammo load, the Tomcat will probably serve you good as a pocket carry gun.
Blev

Postby ke7zem » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:21 pm

sounds good, I failed to mention, they call it inox finishe on the bobcat, but on the Cheetah, they called it nickel, that's the one I have with 2 13 rnd mags. It was $700.00 new and that is with the plastic grips! God forbid if I want to upgrade to the actuall wood grips. one more question, the difference between the 84FS and 85FS, is the 85 a single stack? that's what I think the difference is, so the grip is not as wide as the 84, and the single stack holds 8 .380 rnds.?
ke7zem

Postby johnnyz » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:48 pm

I'll repeat myself, but you cannot trust the Tomcat 3032 in any style. The frame will crack. Look at the new Airlite revolvers if want a lightweight carry weapon that packs a .38, .38+p or .357 mag punch. Only 5 shots, but the revolver will most likely work.
johnnyz

Postby Blev » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:01 pm

johnnyz is right. If you are going to carry a gun and trust your life on it, the Tomcat has shown to be not very well made with the frame. It will probably eventually crack at some point.

I think the J frame revolvers are the best bet, they will always work, but then again in my opinion, you are moving away from a pocket gun to a little larger gun. All small semiautos are fickle and you take a bigger chance in your gun malfunctioning when you need it.

A great gun I wish they still made is the S&W .32mag six shot airweight. Every now and then one will pop up on internet sites for sale.
Blev

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols